Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fitting TOMS 4x100 aftermarket wheels on an integra = Don't.

Yes, a long story short, after the effort of sorting this all out and spending the time doing things properly. If you have any intent on actually following through with doing this properly the short answer is don't bother. What should be right 99% of the time isn't and what isn't is illegal to fix.

The short and the long of it is that the centre bore is out by 2mm, 54mm vs. 56mm which means the wheels wont locate properly on your hub. A little more research on my behalf would have solved this issue long before it arose, but now it's a matter of doing something dodgy or not doing it all.

On the scale of 1 to stuff up, I'd put this at about 7 and I'm going back to the drawing board. While I could mount them, you run the risk of sheering a stud, or worse and losing the wheel altogether, that and with a +35mm offset it's really on the edge of what's feasible with a 15x7 anyway for which you really want a 195/55/15 as without flaring your guards it's pretty much border line of fitting a 205/50/15.

The short story is while it looks good it's been a right royal balls up... lessons learned by trying to do a Honda some good in fitting Toyota rims... Don't.. Not unless you want to make your wheels completely illegal anyway. I could fix this, but I'm in two minds at this point as while there is enough meat to have it machined out, you can kiss your ass goodbye in the case of an accident. This is one for odd fitments that do not work.

Last edited by Integra-GSi; 11-08-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    nice.
    part time potato

Until you get to that point where you expect things just to fit and your centre bore is out by 2mm. I went to Bob Jane and couldn't help but laugh at the situation

At this point in time, I'm not sure what to do. I could have them machined out to fit, and that's cheap enough, it's just that I don't like doing dodgy shit like that with my cars.

On the scale of 1 to Leb Honda it's getting pretty up there.

Boring out a wheel centre only 2 mm wont be a drama. get onto it.

Yeah, it's cheap fix. I got a quote today $140, for all 4 wheels bored out and having the tyres refitted. Winner, winner chicken dinner. If I go down that path they'll actually sit properly on the hub locator, and the offset shouldn't be as much as an issue. The hub locator is about 10cm in itself which means 205s should fit in the guards easily enough, but I wouldn't go any wider than that.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 11-08-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by iwearmoccos View Post
    Boring out a wheel centre only 2 mm wont be a drama. get onto it.
    this

'she'll be right kunt'
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    fitment

not even once
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    2mm is not significant, I wouldn't hesitate to machine out the centre bore of those wheels.

I once had the exact same wheels on a civic... cheaper alternative is to put on a 3mm hub centric spacer.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    yeah use spacers for more stance as bonus

Ended up just getting a wheel shop to machine them out. If I went another 3mm out my car would look like a tractor. 35mm barely fits under stock guards and I'm not pumping the guards on a car that has 90k kms on the clock. Problem solved.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Well TOMs are made for Toyota not honda
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION