Thread: k20a3 Turbo

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2

k20a3 Turbo

Deciding not to sell my k20a3 dc2, instead I'm going to build my a3. I know the a3 gets hated on a lot but I want to keep the a3 block. I am putting a list together on everything I need to make 450hp and still be reliable as a daily. Here is what I have so far (already have all turbo pieces):

k20a2 cams - $250
    k20a2 crank - $350
    JE pistons 9.0:1 -$600
    Eagle rods - $400
    ARP head studs - $250
    Supertech valve springs + retainers $400
    660cc Injectors - $250
    Walbro 255 - $250
    Blockguard??
    Anything else?

I'll try to keep the stock a3 gearbox as I have a Competition Clutch Stage 4 and lightened flywheel already as well as the k-tuned 5spd shifter box.

A few questions I have:
    Will I have issues with oil temp?
    Will this be safe to redline at 8500?
    How much would it cost to sleeve my block?

General suggestions are also welcomed

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Ill jus shine in here with what i know....

IMO aim for atleast 800cc minimum, as 660cc is only really good for upto 350hp within a 80 - 90 percent duty cycle, IF u do plan on going E85 than mite as well go 1000 - 1500cc, saves u the trouble of swapping out injectors again later on

Oil temps will be an issue if u plan on tracking or giving it a hard time... best to invest in a oil cooler system, remember the higher the power u go, the hotter the engine will be, the higher the oil temps will climb, Also factor in larger radiator

No need for block guard, imo ive never heard of high powered engines, d/b or k series turbo using them, my machine shop that i use also dont recommend them, as they may cause over heating an cracking issues due to obstructing flow of coolant an so on

sleeving block all comes down to each individual workshop, just give em a ring an tell em what u are doing an what parts, every shop charges differently
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC