Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010

New 2014 Jazz - First Impressions

Had the Jazz VTi-L for nearly 2 weeks, so ready to post some impressions.

I have never been one for small automatic cars (always a manual for me) so this is a first. I have never been impressed by the lack of grunt and all the noise and constant gear changes.

The Jazz however, has changed my mind. The engine/CVT combination is actually a pleasure to drive, smooth, unobtrusive and only a bit noisier if you need to push it hard, as I would expect any small car. For those complaining about the lack of the direct injection engine, get over it, it isn’t hear so complaining about it is the same as complaining that it does not have a Ferrari engine. Something to look forward to in the future.

Lets’ also put to bed some other criticisms I have seen and address some questions.

Colours – not a big choice but enough and obviously a person preference. They all look good, except I have had black before and won’t go there again. I bought the ‘Attrack Yellow’. Compared to the pictures in the brochure it is slightly ‘greener’ particularly in the shade.

Rear drum brakes – see no problem here at all. If you didn’t know you wouldn’t know.

Passenger front seat room – again not a problem for most people and if it is, then you are looking to buy into the wrong car segment.

Seat comfort – I found no problem with the drivers seat. It does not have as much side support as the Euro but it wasn’t a problem. The seat adjustments and steering wheel adjustments were adequate to give me a very comfortable driving position

Gearing – just over 3000rpm cruising at 100km/h, less than my Accord Euro Lux!

Fuel Consumption – Satisfying. 5.4l/100km on a recent trip and 6.1l/100km on another with some urban driving. Pure urban driving varies, but havn’t seen more than 7.7l/100km over an extended period.

Performance – for a small ‘city’ car, and you need to remind yourself of this, it is surprisingly good and I quite enjoy driving it. It is nippy in traffic without having to push hard and goes well on the open road. In fact, on good roads (and I will come to that later) I have to remind myself that I am in the Jazz and not the Euro.

Ride and Handling – again for a small ‘city’ car it is surprisingly good, but being a short wheelbase / narrow track vehicle it will always struggle more than a larger car. On good roads it rides and handles well though. Where it does show its size is when the surface become coarse and choppy, the ride feels firm, a bit like overinflating your tyres by 10psi. I would not describe it as bad but typically of a small ‘city’ car. The car also exhibits a bit more body roll than I am use too, but again it is not bad, but you do notice it.

Space – here is where the jazz excels. You actually feel like you are sitting in a much bigger car. It is spacious, definitely not claustrophobic and the majic seats need no introduction. There is loads of legroom in the back for 2 adults.

Entertainment – all works as described, takes a bit of getting use too, but cannot fault. A phone that I couldn’t get to work with the Euro has no problems with the Jazz.

So what is there to dislike? Surprisingly very little. If I had to pick one thing, it would be the rear seatbelts have a high take-off point that can place the belt at an uncomfortable position as it passes over your shoulder if you are short. Otherwise I am enjoying the drive!

What is it like in sequential mode?

Is it fun with the 7-speed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Only used the paddle shifters a few times to get the feel for it. The 7 speeds are good and evenly spread and certainly can get the car motoring and is quite smooth once you get use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mpricecs View Post
    For those complaining about the lack of the direct injection engine, get over it, it isn’t hear so complaining about it is the same as complaining that it does not have a Ferrari engine. Something to look forward to in the future.
    MOP I do not see any 'problem' of Honda throwing in a lower ouput engine or lower cost braking system along with the new car. I am sure that whatever powertrain or brake system that Honda use on the new Jazz or any car will be fully tested for good comfortability, adequate level perfornamce, and beyond safety standards. So there wont be any actual problems by using old engines and rear dum braks. My point is that Honda already has a direct injection engine in place for Jazz, why not putting it on for the Aussie models? Honda may have tons of reason to explain this (we all know the real reason is greater profit margins and smaller marjet here) but non of these make any sense to us as consumers.

Rear drum brakes – see no problem here at all. If you didn’t know you wouldn’t know.
    - Same opinion as above. I am sure it will be 100% safe to put a rear dum brake in 3rd gen Jazz. But it is a downgrade from 2nd gen Jazz and cnsumer wont feel pleased for

Gearing – just over 3000rpm cruising at 100km/h, less than my Accord Euro Lux!
    - Are you sure its 3000rpm not 2000rpm when cruising at 100km/h? My 5AT civic reving just below 2000rpm when cruising 100km/h.

Apart fron that, love your comments. I was going to test drive one this weekend

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Too bad we did not get the Jap made Jazz's
    Nice review though
    Also
    Why go from disc brakes from the 2nd gen to drum in the 3rd?
    Cost cutting much
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenR View Post

- Are you sure its 3000rpm not 2000rpm when cruising at 100km/h? My 5AT civic reving just below 2000rpm when cruising 100km/h.
    Sorry, typo you are correct, should have been 2000rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    another happy 2015 jazz vti-s owner, love it beautiful to drive. this new jazz is the best Jazz honda has put out so far & I have owned 1st, 2nd & now 3rd generation.

Does anyone else see a very close resemblance, as when i look at the rear of a Jazz i get reminded of the C30
    Honda Fit/Jazz

Volvo C30

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    probably a little bit of the shape except for the lights, by the way these led lights in the jazz are fantastic for driving at night.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Na, As a Jazz owner. Im still disappointed. I was actually considering trading my GD for the new one when reading all its bells and whistles.

Looked away the second I found out Honda Australia, wasn't going to be providing what I had be hoping. Didn't even bother on a test drive.

I'm truly hoping that Honda would release a face lifted model in the near future, that will deliver what they had promised to get the hype up. Deliver what you promise, simple.

This example also may scare the aussie market against CTR. I hope Honda Aust don't sell 1/2 ass version of the CTR.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    This example also may scare the aussie market against CTR. I hope Honda Aust don't sell 1/2 ass version of the CTR.
    Did the FN2 come with an LSD?

If not, they do.

In the UK the FN2 comes standard with HIDs and some come with an LSD

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Did the FN2 come with an LSD?

If not, they do.

In the UK the FN2 comes standard with HIDs and some come with an LSD
    I think in 10+ or something like that came with LSD. I also do believe FN2R doesn't deserve the Type R badge all together.