Member Array
    Car:
    98 Integra GSi

Spark Plugs - K20A3

My cousin's DC5 Special Edition (K20A3), is coming up for new spark plugs.

Anyone have any brand recommendations? I've basically looked at NGK, Bosch and Denso.

Also, is their an option for platinum spark plugs for the K20A3? Couldn't find anything on the websites, in regards to a platinum option.

He does a lot of kms per year, hence why I'm considering platinum plugs.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I use, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs on my DC5R, K20A2.

Im pretty sure the stock ones are patinum or something similar cos on the service booklets they let plugs go till 80k service.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Integra GSi
    For the Type R. Yes, the stock ones are platinum and last about 80k kms. However the non type r, doesn't use platinum as standard, and lasts about 40l - 50k; according to the log book.

I know this, because the log book has two separate section for spark plugs. One for type r, and non type r.

I know for a fact, that there are platinum plugs available for DC2/DC4. Even though platinum isn't required. However I'm not sure if there is a platinum option available for the DC5 non type r. Unless Type R spark plugs can be used in the non type r (K20A3).