Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Talking Can't choose between coilovers

Hey guys, i've had my dc2r for almost a year now and i'm lovin it

But i think its time for some handling upgrades, the two coilovers i had in mind were the zeal function x (Not sure on hard or soft spring version), or the TEIN MONO SPORT DAMPER KIT, I have tried doing my research on both of these coilovers, but there really aren't too many articles or reviews about them. I was also wandering if there are any other coilovers that are considered a really good replacement for the already great shocks and springs on the dc2r, i'm planning to track the car once i purchase these coilovers and a set of advan ad08's, it is also my daily/weekend car, so i don't want to go for something too harsh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, also, my budget is up to 3500, but no higher since im not going to be competitively racing. Thanks heaps.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Another high end coilover to look into if you haven't already is toda fightex.

Inb4 superda9
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Euro brands better if high budget

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Another high end coilover to look into if you haven't already is toda fightex.

Inb4 superda9
    The toda's seem a bit too steep on the price at 4k, i can get the tein with edfc for around 3k

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Euro brands better if high budget
    What are some good euro brands? Sorry im not to familiar with suspension as this is the first car im properly modifying and i want to do everything right.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Check out KW

good for track street and touge

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Has anyone here had experience with dc2r's and if possible, could give me an opinion on their coilover setup and how they enjoy it as a daily and or track car? Like i said, my budget is pretty generous for a decent set, but i really don't want to buy a set and regret it. Im open to see other brands besides zeal and tein, but i don't want to go too crazy, i just want a set i could purchase off the shelf and then get them dialled in to my needs.

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I have always wanted a set of buddy club. Their n+. They offer both dampener and rebound adjustment as well as full height adjustable. From what I've heard they last pretty well and outperform others.
    But... I haven't been in a car with anything other than buddy club or koni's. So my view may be bias.

Hi, I have a set of mono sports on my civic, other handling upgrades include 24mm rear sway bar and 24 solid front sway bar. 16kg front and 9kg rear. My first impression was that the car's handling has gone from 'safe understeer' to 'exciting lift off oversteer', which is kind of what the dc2r is famed for. The car reacts pretty instantaneously to steering inputs, very nice.

On the downside ride is quite stiff, but im on mid low settings and have barely driven the car a week after I put the coils in. It may require more time to settle. Also I find that my chassis and tyres is too soft for the spring rates, so I could feel that those two items are holding the suspension potential back. The DC2R's chassis should be stiff enough and the ad08s would exploit the monosports' setup.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Quote Originally Posted by Teggzy View Post
    The toda's seem a bit too steep on the price at 4k, i can get the tein with edfc for around 3k
    Please research into this area before purchasing honestly.
    Tein make a great coilover but they are just about mainstream also, so there not going to go into complete performance detail like some other coilovers will.
    Just my view point that's all.
    I have a DC5 but from all reports i've heard, Toda make a great coilover.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggzy View Post
    Has anyone here had experience with dc2r's and if possible, could give me an opinion on their coilover setup and how they enjoy it as a daily and or track car? Like i said, my budget is pretty generous for a decent set, but i really don't want to buy a set and regret it. Im open to see other brands besides zeal and tein, but i don't want to go too crazy, i just want a set i could purchase off the shelf and then get them dialled in to my needs.

Thanks guys
    oils aint oils

coils aint coils

big dollar sussy worth every cent. srs

Zeal function X and that's the best I've used
    Last edited by cbauto; 08-09-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Man do your research, for the amount your spending custom setup could be had for not too much more.

Fully custom setup > Any off the shelf kit.

Ofcourse make sure you go to the correct people.