[Cu2] Mods Questions (coilovers,rotors,intake,Wheel)

Hey guys,

I have got 2008 Honda Accord Euro lux Cu2 Manual Transmission

This thread has 4 areas that I have planned out to Mod

1) Coil overs
    2) Wheel suggestion
    3) Intake
    4) DBA or RDA Rotors with good PAD Suggestion

Coil Over Suggestions
    I finally have the budget to mod my cu2, I have a couple of questions
    I am located in Sydney. So the two tune shops that I know are BYP Performance(wetherill park) and Extreme project(blacktown). I called both asked them that I need a comfortable drive with also better handling. I don't want rock hard drive.
    Somewhere in the middle of being comfortable and Good handling(better than stock), i'll also be lowering the car atleast 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches.

The folks at BYP performance suggested GAB coilovers tbh I have never heard of them. Any experience with these coil overs will be greatly appreciated.

The folks at Extreme Project world Suggested BC Coil overs, I have heard good things and bad things about them. Any one put them on cu2? any suggestion will be appreciated.

If any other coil overs ? like silver neo and etc?
    Any experience will be greatly appreciated.

Both GAB and BC are around 1500 Dollar mark

Wheels
    I am a big Fan of Vossen cv3 but they are out of my budget and I don't want to get replicas. Other similar style are
    ->King Hostile http://www.kingwheels.com.au/index.p...product_id=277
    ->PDW C-Spec https://www.google.com.au/search?q=P...ml%3B420%3B315
    ->V19BSA Wheel http://www.bsawheels.com.au/products...t_no=943&Name=

I have decided to get Wheels
    So i know the Stock CU2 wheels are
    55+ offset, *18x8* Tyre is 235/45R18 98V
    5x114.3 Bolt Pattern

My question is will it fit?
    (going by what the guy at BobJane T-mart said that I can't get any higher than 8inch which is stock) So can any one confirm that? Has any one put More than 8 inches ? Back or Front? where ever? The reason I want to put more than 8 is the wider the wheel the more concave the wheel is.

1st Scenario
    19x8.5 ALL round?
    254/40/R19 ?

2nd Scenario
    20x9 All round? or at the back
    254/35/R20

Will it fit? What's the maximum I can put ? Any one else done wheels for cu2? I don't want to put stock 8 inches. Atleast 8.5 maybe 9 All round or at the back. Whats the maximum in wheel width I can go <8. I don't want to roll my guard or stretch my tyres
    Is it even safe to stretch your tyres?

INTAKE
    Which works best or has a good Sound note to it?

Two that I know are

Simoto Short Ram intake
    -> http://www.shiftperformance.com.au/p...ory_name=Honda

Injen Long Ram intake
    ->http://jdmyard.com/index.php?route=p...product_id=226

Massive Price difference?

Which one is better? My Mates got a Simoto Intake it sounds better than injen.
    Any input on intakes would be appreciated? And hows the fuel economy with the intake. appreciate it thanks

Rotors And Pads
    DBA slotted T2 Any experience with them? Just for stree Drive and /w what Pad? i was recommended bendix?

or

RDA dimple and slotted and /w Pads?

why is there a difference in price in these two rotors? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    momo

Sorry,

Might have posted in the wrong section

;3 - Can we move it?
    lol.

~momo

Any one wanna help me out?

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Go to a place that won't rip you off and knows what they'r doing.

Some good coilovers

Teins Street Advance
    Koni/ Ground control combo
    KW
    H&R
    Buddyclub

Probably the first two are the best bang for buck.

Go for quality Japanese wheels if you can (eg Rays, Work). All those wheels you listed are low quality, heavy, Chinese wheels. Never go to Bob Jane for wheel advice.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-09-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Bilstein if you want the ultimate compromise for comfort and sporty [Pricey but imo worth the experience of a upper end suspension]. Koni w/ GCs is the next suggestions...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Hey,

Thanks for the input guys

anyways,

I got wheels looks nice?

Love the 5 spoke concave ay

I had to Roll the guards at the rear.

Injen intake Sounds really good when the VTEC kick's in.

Next week I am getting BC coil overs, For now my budget is 1500 Dollars.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    dont get bc

can you suggest to me any other coilovers that are good.

My budget is 1500.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by momocu2 View Post

The folks at BYP performance suggested GAB coilovers tbh I have never heard of them. Any experience with these coil overs will be greatly appreciated.
    GAB used to be a JDM brand that makes coils.

Not this one, this one is a Malaysian brand that trades off a JDM name (they aren't related)

If any other coil overs ? like silver neo and etc?
    Any experience will be greatly appreciated.
    Tein, proper Japanese made, and if you buy from fulcrum suspension, you are eligible for local warranty, which is valuable.

Tein Street Advance should suit your needs, and since it uses a twin valve shock, it should be more comfortable than the single valve in the BC/GAB et al.

Both GAB and BC are around 1500 Dollar mark
    No they don't, they should cost less. if they do don't bother

Is it even safe to stretch your tyres?
    Hell no, illegal too iirc

Simoto Short Ram intake

Injen Long Ram intake
    Just remember it's illegal to have a exposed filter inside the engine bay if you are in NSW

why is there a difference in price in these two rotors? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    Either is fine, price difference is due to brand.

Avoid cross drilled rotors and you'll be fine.

Also look I it QFM and Remsa brake pads
    Last edited by Fredoops; 10-09-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Hey

Hey man,

1500 is Fitted.

BC Coilovers by themselves are 1350. 200 to fit em.

I got BC anyways, ill let you know how I go.

is RDA dippled and slotted? good?

why avoid cross drilled? just curious.

thanks,

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Haha, you look like your pretty set anyways. From memory, BC coilovers are the same as the ones Pedders use/sell. Not saying they're bad, but they're nothing spectacular. A set of Tein Street Basics would set you back sub 1k and perform similarly but with fewer adjustments (if you wanted adjustments), or Tein Street Advanced if you want something a bit more comfy (especially if you're going up in rim size, you get a firmer ride).

As for brakes, RDA is fine for road use. DBA are better quality, but you pay the premium for them, and if you use them on the road then you really don't need to pay the extra. Cross Drilled and Slotted, either is fine. The reason I would recommend against Cross Drilled is because it makes your rotors more prone to cracking. At least slotted have a more feasible use (better ventilation and helps clean dust for more consistent braking). Again, depends on what you intended to do with it. For day to day driving, RDA is fine. DBA T2 are pretty much overkill for the road as they are, and your paying a premium if you go XS (drilled and slotted). Up to you how much money you want to spend (do note that in DBA online catelogue, they recommend their Slotted range S for light trackwork, but none of their XS (cross drilled and slotted) are listed). As for pads, if you want performance pads, I would recommend QFM HPX. They're like Bendix Ultimates but with less dust. There's still, all pads will make dust, but you don't need a weekly wash.