Civic VTi with sport seats - advice needed

Hi,

I recently purchased a set of sport leather seats for my 2006 VTi but I have one quick question before I install them. As the sport seats have side airbags built into the seat, would this interfere with the current airbag system in my VTi or would I be able to utilise them? If I can, would it just be plug and play or would I have to get it programmed into the ECU?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Only 1 way to find out ! Only takes a few minutes to swap seat should work fine

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    It's plug and play if you have side airbags. Seeing as yours is a 2006 VTI, I don't think they came with side airbags until 2008 (My 2010 has curtain airbag too)... I am not sure if you have airbag wires all ready under the floor in an '06?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2194 View Post
    Hi,

I recently purchased a set of sport leather seats for my 2006 VTi but I have one quick question before I install them. As the sport seats have side airbags built into the seat, would this interfere with the current airbag system in my VTi or would I be able to utilise them? If I can, would it just be plug and play or would I have to get it programmed into the ECU?

Thanks
    Not too sure where you are located but I believe removing any standard airbag systems in anyway can result in a defect....not that police prey on Hondas, but just a word of caution.

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    I wouldn't imagine there would be an existing srs cable to a model that didn't originally have an airbag in that location. It wouldn't make a lot of sense in terms of production costs. Could be wrong.
    Would be a handy safety upgrade if it did.