Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 Vtir Integra

Stage 1 or Stage 2 Clutch

Quick question,

It's getting to that time to replace my clutch. Am tossing up between a Stage 1 or Stage 2 clutch kit, either exedy or competition clutch.

Am not sure if it'd be worth my while getting a stage 2 as I know they aren't the best for street use, and I have no plans to track it

My car as it stands now has, performance wise these basic mods: Injen CAI, S2 intake manifold, S2 70mm throttle body, full exhaust, DC2R flywheel and is very soon to be tunes with hondata s300.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be awesome.

Cheers.

Your car isn't making enough power to warrant a heavier duty clutch, so I'd suggest a Stage 1. I'd even go as far as to say that a stock clutch will probably give you another 150,000kms+ of easy-to-use clutch goodness with the power your putting out.

Are you planning any big power upgrades? ie. forced induction, built motor, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    You have the good bolt ons and the ecu - Which is definitely not stock. But no where near enough to be getting a stage 2 clutch.

I recommend the STAGE 1 (p.s. BRAND is very important when it comes to clutches, like shoes sometimes.. a size 12 NIKE i a size 10 Adidas - It's the same with clutches)
    I have only ever had one bad experience and that was with.. Xtreme Clutches Stage 1 - It felt terrible, and juddered a lot.
    BWAAHHHHHHH

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    stage 1 of brand xyz is 123
    stage 1 of brand abc is 234

so moral of story is
    abc 123 kfc
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Exedy heavy duty is enough

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    stage 1 of brand xyz is 123
    stage 1 of brand abc is 234

so moral of story is
    abc 123 kfc
    Ahg easy as 123 bb u n me

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    i have a stage 2 competition clutch on my stock b18c2.

and tbh the pedal feel is much the same as oem. it is more bitey, and engagement is higher than oem but that is to be expected. after it has been run in (~1000kms) there is a noticeable difference, became a lot more easier to drive on and a lot easier to feel for.

just my 2c.
    SSpamily

hehe