Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur
    Update - Honda dealer cleaned the throttle body - this reduced hot idle from 1100 to 800 RPM, but the dealer said they checked with Honda who said there is no spec on max cold idle speed, which remains at 1600RPM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    How could your throttle body be this dirty on a 2 year old car?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If this helps, my car idles at nearly 2k RPM when cold, gradually dropping to 1.5k within a minute or so.

When warmed up idles at 700. 900ish with AC on.

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur
    That was what I asked, the dealer said it was quite dirty & I should clean it each few years.

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur
    Thank you for that. My concern is at 1500 RPM when you engage drive, & hurting the transmission?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro12 View Post
    Update - Honda dealer cleaned the throttle body - this reduced hot idle from 1100 to 800 RPM, but the dealer said they checked with Honda who said there is no spec on max cold idle speed, which remains at 1600RPM.
    Seems a good outcome;good to see!

BTW Did the work bring improved fuel economy? My car was 11 months old before first sale, and is a little heavy on petrol, around town, at about 13l/100. Out of town things change. A recent 600k trip, mainly on freeways, returned 7.3l/100k. The car has done 12,000k's.

BTW2 anybody know why Honda puts the fuel figure-sticker, in front of the driver, whereas other makers usually bung it on the other side.

CHEERS
    NOEL
    Last edited by noel; 28-10-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur
    Fuel economy improvement is hard to tell. I assume the reduction in hot idle should be positive to fuel consumption. On freeway driving I can get 7 to 8L / 100K but I also get this from my ten year old VZ Commodore (After I serviced it).
    Around Sydney in usual commuter stop start traffic I expect most cars in the 2 to 4LT range will get 12 to 16/100K, it depends mostly on the traffic & having to re accelerate often.
    Don't know about the sticker.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post

BTW2 anybody know why Honda puts the fuel figure-sticker, in front of the driver, whereas other makers usually bung it on the other side.

CHEERS
    NOEL
    As a constant reminder to the driver if he hits VTEC his fuel light is gonna come on.