Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur

Question 2012 Accord Euro 2.4 fast idle problem

I have a 2012 Accord Euro 2.4 Luxury Auto, which idles at cold start up at 1500 to 1600 RPM.
    When warmed up this drops to 1100 RPM. Does anyone have suggestion as to why & what to do?
    I have had it at two Honda dealers who reported it was operating within spec, but I don't think this is right? Any help appreciated!

Euro12

Member Array
    Car:
    VTiR/CL9
    if your car still under warrenty get them to check it

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro12 View Post
    I have a 2012 Accord Euro 2.4 Luxury Auto, which idles at cold start up at 1500 to 1600 RPM.
    When warmed up this drops to 1100 RPM. Does anyone have suggestion as to why & what to do?
    I have had it at two Honda dealers who reported it was operating within spec, but I don't think this is right? Any help appreciated!

Euro12
    idle after car warms up should be between 550-750 rpm.

Any other you might have a sensor out of sync or something.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur
    No - out of warrantee.

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur
    Any idea which sensors or how to check?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    need a honda workshop scanner to do a full system scan.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Whoa not even 3 years old and out of warranty
    Thats crazy
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Fast idle

Euro12
    I, too, believe this is normal. My 1991 Civic did the same, as does my 2013MY Euro.
    Honda said motor was designed that way for a rapid warm-up - and it works!

Hot-idle seems a little fast, though. Mine idles at under 1000RPM.

CHEERS
    NOEL
    Last edited by noel; 04-10-2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Added comment necessary

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur
    My hot idle is at 1100 RPM, I think the manual says 750 RPM max. Putting into drive hits with a klunk. I am not sure this is good for the car but no dealer wants to do anything about it. I am out of ideas.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    My hot idle is at 1100 RPM, I think the manual says 750 RPM max. Putting into drive hits with a klunk. I am not sure this is good for the car but no dealer wants to do anything about it. I am out of ideas.
    Cold idle should be 1100 rpm, once car was warmed up it shoudl be less than 800 ish.

Is it possible to check the temp sensor for the engine? maybe the ECU is not being told the car had warmed up?

The klunk when putting into drive is normal, thats just how the honda automatic transmission operate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi An idea, for what it is worth:

Start the engine in Neutral, then quickly pull the selector through to S, hit one of the paddles and, once underway, and you've manually changed up to, say, 2nd gear, move the lever back to Drive. I haven't tried it, but could be worth a try and could overcome the bump going into R and then D.

Another thought: Does the motor warm up normally ? If not, the the thermostat could be sticking open (preventing the engine from achieving normal temps) and the fast idle would persist.
    My '91 Civic was taking too long to warm up, and was bumping into gear, until the thermostat was changed - at 60,000k's

Years ago, some Volvo motors tended to run-on when the engine was switched off.
    So we turned the ignition off with the selector in Drive. Volvo never came up with a fix for the problem (while I had their cars, that is).

CHEERS
    NOEL
    Last edited by noel; 05-10-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Accord Eur

How to check TEMP sensor?

Thanks for your reply - Any ideas on how to check TEMP sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Cold idle should be 1100 rpm, once car was warmed up it shoudl be less than 800 ish.

Is it possible to check the temp sensor for the engine? maybe the ECU is not being told the car had warmed up?

The klunk when putting into drive is normal, thats just how the honda automatic transmission operate.