Euro CL9 Fuel Type

This may seem a stupid question but I am wondering if I need to strictly use 95 RON (PULP) if my fuel cap says I should be using this? I have been putting in 91 since I got the car a month ago but have realised maybe I should be using 95.

Also can I mix the 2 types if I start using 95 or should I try and use most of the 91 up then fill up with 95?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTiR/CL9
    use 98 dude.. bp 98 ultimate

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by droninglocust View Post
    Also can I mix the 2 types if I start using 95 or should I try and use most of the 91 up then fill up with 95?
    No probs with mixing. Personally, I would mix the 91 with 98 for the first tank or two and then switch to 95. Personally, I don't really see the point in 98 fuel for an everyday car... if I started to mod my CL9, that would be a different story

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by konektado View Post
    use 98 dude.. bp 98 ultimate
    As above use 98,your car will love you for it!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Agreed with all the 98'ers.

When I bought my CL9, the dealer guy had put that 10% ethanol garbage into it. After running on 98, though, to go back to anything less would be comparatively sluggish.

I am truly sorrowful towards the Americans, though, with their terrible fuel octane levels.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Agreed with all the 98'ers.

When I bought my CL9, the dealer guy had put that 10% ethanol garbage into it. After running on 98, though, to go back to anything less would be comparatively sluggish.

I am truly sorrowful towards the Americans, though, with their terrible fuel octane levels.
    They have different labellings of fuel
    They use AKI (something about resistance to knock index)
    And their 87 is equivalent to our 91
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    98 ron only . I would not go near 91 ron it is rubbish. You will get better kys per litre if you use 98 & more power- it is a cleaner fuel & better for you car.
    Last edited by Lozer; 01-11-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    use 95ron petrol or higher
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Pfft. Around the same L/100km here with 95 as 98. That said, only a 3c/L difference, so perhaps the additives are worth it? Car is tuned for 95 though.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    I've only used 98 in mine so YMMV, I have no benchmark to compare to for economy or smoothnesss/power. But I typically get 9.3L/100km around town, best I've done on the open road is 7.0L/100km. This is with a 6MT. I've heard a number of forum users say they notice no economy difference between 95 and 98.

Ethanol has lower energy per volume than petrol, so E10 has less energy than pure petrol and will give worse economy. However, ethanol is an octane booster, so can give better torque/power. V8 supercars run E85. 95 and 98 are both petrol and should have pretty much identical energy per volume, so shouldn't give very different economy figures. Car is tuned for 95, but 98 should have better resistance to knocking. The car has a knock sensor, so theoretically could be better under hard acceleration. Under normal driving conditions, there should be no difference.

I only use BP Ultimate 98 - it apparently contains additives for cleaning and preventing engine deposit build up, a friction reducer, and corrosion inhibitor. It certainly seems to burn clean, I have absolutely no dust at all on the exhaust of my car. So this does give me confidence that it will work long term and keep the engine relatively clean. You see some Euros around with exhaust tips black with exhaust dust, you have to wonder what fuel they are running, probably 91 E10... And if there is a performance and economy benefit, it may come from the friction reduction additives in 98 RON.

- J
    Last edited by HunterZero; 31-10-2014 at 03:33 PM.