Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RB25 S13

D16y4 to y8 mini me p2k to obd1 or p2k vtec wiring

Hey everyone (:

I'm doing a y8 head swap on my missus car. I fully understand everything about the swap except how to make the vtec work with the p2k ecu.....

I have a apexi vafc2, obd1 and obd2 distributer and a y8 loom spare.....

Ultimately I would buy a jumper harness and re use all the y4 dizzy etc...but it's proving impossible to find out about that too....

Can I just get the p28 obd1 ecu and harness plugs, cut off the p2k plug, re wire the p28 to the d16y4 loom, re wire in the obd1 dizzy and run new wires for the vtec....????

Thanks in advance dudes!

Ps. I have done over 4.256 million searches in all the major honda forums and google and no one has detailed specifically how to convert d16y4 loom to obd1 or wire in vtec to a p2k ..... Sorry if I upset anyone (:

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    pm drifty, he is D series god.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

First and easiest option - D16Y8 ECU (P2P), D16Y8 loom, D16Y8 distributor. everything should plug in and work

Second option - P28 (remapped), D16Y8 loom, OBD2a to OBD1 ECU adaptor, D16Y8 distributor

P2K ECU does not support vtec so won't work. D16Y4 dizzy only suits Y4 ECU so that won't work
    Save yourself the trouble and don't bother trying to modify the D16Y4 loom. This loom really only suits the y4 dizzy and p2k ecu and is based on a simplified EFI system.

key points are you need an ECU that supports VTEC, then a matching dizzy for that ECU and a loom to suit..
    If you already have a Y8 loom, use that as your starting point....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RB25 S13
    How did this fella manage to have it all work nicely with a p2k??

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...wapped-with-y8

Obviously this would be the cheapest and easiest wy out hahaha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RB25 S13
    Anyone??????????????????????????

surely someone knows how he did it....................???

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    - VAFC2 controller/ any vtec rpm switch - much preferable if you have the VAFC controller
    because he is using vtec rpm switch
    you search for obd2a to obd1 wiring or obd2b to obd1 wiring, obd depend on your car year. I would get a obd2 to obd1 harrness , cheapest 1 is 30$ press here ,work great. but you need p28 with chip .
    but you still have to add wires for vtec if u use y4 loom.
    btw you post full Diy post and you ask for help. you have everything in that post, just read.
    Last edited by hmetro24; 05-10-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RB25 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    - VAFC2 controller/ any vtec rpm switch - much preferable if you have the VAFC controller
    because he is using vtec rpm switch
    you search for obd2a to obd1 wiring or obd2b to obd1 wiring, obd depend on your car year. I would get a obd2 to obd1 harrness , cheapest 1 is 30$ press here ,work great. but you need p28 with chip .
    but you still have to add wires for vtec if u use y4 loom.
    btw you post full Diy post and you ask for help. you have everything in that post, just read.

Umm as said in the title i'm doing a mini me on a d16y4 civic with a p2k ecu..........
    and if you know what a p2k is, you'll know it isn't compatible with any conversion harness available.....its kinda obd2 but kinda not any obd lol

And yes i posted a diy thread....BUT there is absolutely no information in that thread about how he wired and used the p2k to run vtec successfully

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RB25 S13
    Thanks for all the replies dudes (:

Soooooo from what i can gather with ranbridmax diy thread.....i can just use a vafc to control the vtec wholly and re-tune (add fuel etc.) the p2k to suit when vtec 'kicks in' instead of having a 'high cam' map vtec compatible ecu

please correct me if im wrong and thanks agian

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RB25 S13
    Well for anyone interested, the newly rebuilt d16y8 head will be going on the d16y4 bottom with a y8 head gasket and thermal intake gasket shield.
    I will be having the ek1 ecu loom cut off at the p2k ecu plugs and p28 obd1 plugs will be re-attached and a p28 installed. Obviously the standard 7 prong d16y4 distributor will be swapped out for an obd1 2 plug distributor and will also cut and shit the plugs for that. 2 new wires will be run for the injectors as well as the new wires for the vtec solenoid. Then an apexi vafc will be installed before tuning.....
    Will also install a full exhaust system 4-2-1 header to muffler with a de-cat and maybe an MSD ignition kit also before tuning..

I will post results and maybe even start a DIY ....