Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K

PP1 Beat R '92 - K20A

Hi

I'ts been awhile since I post any thing on Ozhonda
    Anyway I would like to post uo a Restore/Build Thread here

This is my Honda Beat PP1 1991
    MTREC 660cc 3 Cylinder Kei Class

I have a soft spot for this little Kei car, been searching localy here in Perth, WA for sometimes and just out of luck! I have found one!

I drove 2.5 hours out of town the next day to go and check her up in the town of DonnyBrook 10-15 min away out of Bunbury

She is just a good runner, i wouldn't call it as in very good conditions as i reckon is OK for the car in her age (24 odd years)

Every thing that is bad with the car

Engine is pretty smokey is like running on 2 stroke
    A few check lights / error codes
    bonnet didnt line up properly
    soft top pretty much rubbish
    few clear coat peelings
    side mirrors has been dodgy-ly glued on both side to put them together
    sun visors has some mirror glued into it
    Head unit definately dead, even the cassete deck is dead.
    Driver Seat pretty much looks like mice nest
    Window Switch is buggered, only works on one side.
    A/C not working

Good thing is the car still in presentable conditions
    good brakes all around, and still have all the spare tires and soft top covers/toneau.
    After Market Wheels don't know what brand is that surely Some kind of JAP with BBG

Normaly, I would walk away with a car in that conditions. But, it's for the first time that this come up for sale in WA (as long as i have been searching for it)
    WANTS out weight Common Sense Scenario...

Yes, there is a few for sale over in other states Now and then (probably 2 cars a year). But the cost of transport, inspection and registration are going to cost too much for me.
    I rather to get a Fixer Upper and could enjoy Building the car and putting it to it's former glory.

First car wash just a few hours after I Picked her up

she comes up looking good! other than the bonnet gap...

Diagnosing Check light, checking up spark plugs

Has 2 Error Code, Code 8 and Code 9
    8 TDC SENSOR
    9 No.1 CYLINDER POSITION (CYL SENSOR)

which pretty much saying that the Distributor unit and it's sensor pick up point pretty much dead.

also checked on ignition timing and, it was way! out of the factory spec. i redialed it back to 20 deg BTDC at 1200rpm (warm)
    Dropped the oil and did a little tune up with some synthethic oil in.

It runs way much better! and The smokes are now barely noticeable, It does blow grey/very faint blue under Load, also does smell like burn oil and running rich.
    I suspect the rings or the guides are worn, also the running rich due to the Limp mode from the Faulty Distributor.

Parked up in the garage next to the wife's Fiat Abarth 500 Essesses

It was about the same length, just half in height LOL

I managed to Spent few hours to Re-Align the bonnet, now, the gaps are almost even and looks way better!
    Repositioning the hinges, putting few spacers and wallah!

Its not a perfect alignment as i found out the bonnet had a prank sometimes in it's life as i can spot some area that has been pulled and fixed back to shape.
    this is the best i could do to make it look good. although it annoys me but this will do until i could get some spare bonnet (That if i can find one localy)

Mean while I have been Trolling Yahoo japan for the Honda Beat parts.. Geez! i could not stop! after a day of hunting with the help good friend of mine @ JDM AUTOLINK

Managed picked up a few parts

Honda Beat Gathers 30w X 4 (120W) Head Unit - Reconditioned item with AUX added in
    Honda Beat Gathers DASH Speakers
    Honda Beat Bride Seat Rail Driver side
    Honda Beat HKB Boss Kit
    Honda Beat Sun Visor
    Honda Beat Power Window Switch
    Honda Beat Distributor Assembly
    Honda Beat Side Mirrors

http://www.jdmautolink.net/ Visit the Site for some rare hard to get parts, also He able to Bid at Yahoo Auctions.
    Great pricings and very competitive services!

So! my Next plan is to get a new soft top with Glass rear screen and do a major service

May be in future looking to Rebuild the Engine OR will be doing this!

HayaBusa Swap

AWR RACING

Or B16/18 Swap

B.Y.S
    Last edited by 040501912; 05-07-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    so you bought it! NICE ... I texted the guy but gave me all of the above problems. Gave it a pass.. not a fan of sourcing rare parts anymore - i had a cappuccino, so i know haha.

But all in all good restoration project - Am now feeling a little regret lol. good luck with the beast!
    Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    subbed!

this is awesome!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by soongster View Post
    so you bought it! NICE ... I texted the guy but gave me all of the above problems. Gave it a pass.. not a fan of sourcing rare parts anymore - i had a cappuccino, so i know haha.

But all in all good restoration project - Am now feeling a little regret lol. good luck with the beast!
    I saw the add about*11PM*on sunday, as you can see i Print screen that advert! and the guy posted up about*10:46 PM

Straight away I picked up the phone call and told him i'm coming the next day LOL!!

that 2.5 hour drive to Donnybrook and i was scared as hell to drive it back home to PERTH!

amazingly i was back in Perth in 1 piece, i was drafting behind my wife's car all the way back.

As for parts I've been on yahoo and definitely still can find parts for it. Good thing is I have a friend who deals with yahoo.

Good times a head can't wait to get the parts arrive.
    BTMotorsports

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    very nice man, looking forward to the updates...

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Cool car. Congrats
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    83, 85 &86 lude
    Top stuff - Always thought about one of these. There was a black one here in Sydney a while ago but they wanted big $$.

Good luck!
    1986 JDM DOHC B20A Gold Top Prelude: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-honda-prelude
    Want JDM? I can source it for you - PM for details

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    There is a red one currently on display at Eastern Honda dealership in Doncaster

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    There are definately a few running arround in Aus and a few for sale now end than on ebay and gumtree, but always on other states not WA lol.

In perth, WA I only ever saw once a couple years back and It was a yellow one with an old man driving it.

TBH I did try to stalk him but I was on opposite side of the highway and by time I turned arround I never saw the car again.
    BTMotorsports

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    subbed.

Kswap
    SSpamily

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR

this is so cool

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912 View Post
    In perth, WA I only ever saw once a couple years back and It was a yellow one with an old man driving it.

TBH I did try to stalk him but I was on opposite side of the highway and by time I turned arround I never saw the car again.
    I did the exact same thing lol.
    Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.