Performance mods for 2012 Odyssey?

Can anyone suggest some simple power mods for the Odyssey?

Love the car but it has always been short of power with a full load.

Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Short answer is nothing much for simple bolt ons

Intake and exhaust don't do much for the Odyssey. With a piggy back like unichip Q and tune from what I heard is only 15 hp more only. by that time you may be looking at abt $3k

You could try to retro fit a HKS bolt on turbo kit for a RB1 to your RB3, Seen it done before. Problem will be customising the wiring harness to suite your car and finding someone to tune an FCONiS. You need HKS software to do that. Plus finding a HKS kit is pretty rare as they are discontinued. The total cost of the kit plus mods and install would cost you about 7-8k which I don't think most people would want to spend on their Odyssey.

I would recommend spending the money on suspension and handling mods
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    look for an aftermarket exhaust or better yet headers. 1k for each. good headers can give you power throught the revs which will feel better than top end power for a full load.

im sure some of the popular companies in japan make them. may research some n post here again

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    Tanabe - Medalion eR Tune
    or
    Fujitsubo - Wagolis

more than 1k lol. closer to 2k.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I may have been wrong with my earlier post about the HKS bolt on turbo kit. I believe the RB3 we get in OZ is running a k24z2 engine based off the sample engine code I got off carsales. Googling the engine code came up with this below

The K24Z2 and K24Z3 also have a radical, new design for the head on the exhaust side. instead of having an exhaust manifold with four individual exhaust ports for each combustion chamber, a sort of pyramid shaped collector diverts all the exhaust into a single square exit. this was done for various reasons such as bolting the catalytic converter close to the engine for faster heating in cold starts and doing away the header for cost reduction.

The ones I've seen with the turbo kits were the JDM RB3 Absolutes that run the performance k24A.

Don't think you are going to find any performance headers that will suite the car. The most will be cat back exhaust systems which Torell has found.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Not a troll but I'm just wondering why you would want to go for performance mods for your RB3? I guess just trying to understand the guys who are modding ody's.
    Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    he said he needs a bit more pull when the car has a full load. ? Not cos his hotting up a jdm beast. not to mention, the odyssey is VERY popular to mod in japan.

thanks for the replies, will check out the exhaust options

not trying to go crazy with mods, those days are behind me

would an intake do much?

http://www.xposed.com.au/honda-odyssey-rb3-and-rb4.html

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    for the money, it wont touch on the benefits of a header / extractor.