Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Best coils for 1500

I'm looking to buy some coilovers but don't want to spend more than 1500, please don't tell me to save more and get better because this is actually more like a present, I just have to pick which coilovers I want for 1500 or less... MAYBEEEE I could push 1600 but no more.

Ive read some reviews and have came to the conclusion that the china brands seem to die out, and the racing coilovers are just too.. built for racing.

Im a STREET only - hitting VTEC occasionally in a straight line and in a corner. I get tail happy quick. (p.s. My current shocks are quite dead and old, so I either need to buy shocks and springs or a set of coilovers which just seemed like the most logical thing to do).

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    slightly above your budget

but contact MCA suspension

see how far Murray and the boys are away from releasing a set of MCA blues for the s2k
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Chip in extra and get a descent set like KW or Tiens for example.

If they are willing to gift you 1.5k, put in another 500-700 for yourself and get something that's proven already.

I have jewed out on coilovers before. Bought the 1.5k coilover, ended up forking another 2kish later down the track for tiens due the buddyclub ones annoying me. Never again.

If coils are out of budget, nice spring and shock combo, due to likely hood of you becoming full time track junkie sometime soon is not happening.

I'd still recommend spending lil extra now on good coils to save yourself later from saying "Didn't I fk up"

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Also suggest looking at getting the less tail happy ap2 setup
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

if youre street only go bc br. there people getting 1.41 around winton (fast!) on them. they will leave you wanting more for track but if this isnt a priority for you then dont worry

Guys, I went to a few places and asked around everyones telling me for my budget buying a set of shocks and lowered springs is a better. Pedders comfort shocks and sprinsg $700 after bargaining for half an hour. I compared it with coilovers which all hit about 1600-2100.

As for the people who say I should add another 500. Im a student so its kind of hard to just add another 500 lol and not looking to wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    lol pedders?
    Really

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Why would you want comfort shocks in a sports car
    Im assuming peddders are installing them for you and doing an alignment?
    Walk on home boy

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by broidno View Post
    Guys, I went to a few places and asked around everyones telling me for my budget buying a set of shocks and lowered springs is a better. Pedders comfort shocks and sprinsg $700 after bargaining for half an hour. I compared it with coilovers which all hit about 1600-2100.

As for the people who say I should add another 500. Im a student so its kind of hard to just add another 500 lol and not looking to wait.

Life is what you make it. You want it, get up and chase it.

Im a student as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Pedders is a rip off. - Decent coilovers cost $2,000+ anything else just becomes hard like a rock.
    If you say it's impossible, go get yourself a set of shocks (stock) - Buy some nice springs Eibach (should be 200 or so..) get a local mechanic to put it all in.

Pay max - $180 Installation (to install shocks and springs).
    Springs - $400 (probably much less..)
    Shocks, I'm not too sure I've never looked at s2k shocks cant give u an estimate.

I will pm u some places.
    BWAAHHHHHHH

Just save up till you have a decent budget, why ruin your S2000 with something sub-par to the car and its OEM parts? I was a student too, but with patience and contacts, able to get good stuff onto my car for a modest price, just play it smart rather than oh can't wait then when you fit on the parts, crap I just forked out $XXX and its so crap that I need to fork out another $XXXX. A lot of shops are there to sell you products, they get crap load of profit/commission and not necessarily a good product.

Bilstein PSS9 are my recommendation if you want to make your S2000 even better but that's up to you now.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    HSD mono