4th Gen Heater Hose Replacement

Hey all,

Lots of old threads on heater hoses but I didn't want to bring them back from the dead and they weren't 100% on topic either. I've got a H22 4th gen Prelude and the heater hose decided to tear close to the engine.

I managed to repair it on the road with some friendly locals around where I broke down by cutting off the bit of the hose that was bad and then stretching the hose closer to the engine and clamping it down. Filled it up with water to just get home.

I need to buy a replacement part and notice that Mackay rubber doesn't supply this hose? I went to Bursons, Repco and SuperCheap but they couldn't get me one either. I guess I could go to Honda :/ ($$$$$$$$)

So I've turned to Ebay and found heater hoses for 5th gens from good old USA, am I correct in assuming they are the same spec?

Or am I better off buying those hoses with a joint that you clamp down? Like this guy:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...d=345958#Cross

If that's a better option is that the correct size?

And lastly what is the correct term for the heater hose? Since by my understanding there are 2? One from engine to heater valve and heater valve to your actual heater box thingy. Inlet or outlet comes to mind.

Thanks in advance oh wise Preluders

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    considering how long the factory part lasts I would not hesitate to purchase the OEM hose.

[IMG][/IMG]

Wish you told me that earlier ECU-MAN

This hose looks different to the OEM one and not just cause I've hacked bits off the OEM one :P

Also should something be done about rusting on the hose end? Or will last forever type thing?

[IMG][/IMG]