Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B18c issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

B18c issues.

Hey guys. Sorry to bug. I've tried searching, but when I asked a question on someone else's thread, I was attacked for hijacking. I do have another thread directed at a smoke issue, but I would like to try and consolidate a bit.
    So, lately it'll start losing power and spitting at low revs and low throttle position. This will happen at any gear, any temp. It will almost be like its running low on fuel, if I boot it to WOT, it will run fine again.
    Originally I would only be having the trouble when trying to start with the car under 1/2 full tank. Now it happens all the time with all levels of fuel.
    I've checked cap and rotor. Both are fine, I've replaced the icm and coil, along with new plugs. Still having the issue.
    I've also cleaned fuel filter, run 98 oct. with injector cleaner.
    I'd like to rule the ignition system out. I am thinking that it is fuel system related though. It has a new fuel line and filter, however regulator is standard, while pump and pickup is standard ek.
    Am I along the right lines??

You cleaned your fuel filter?

Pull injectors off are see if theres crap built around the nozzles. Bad spray pattern could be the cause.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I have a -6an fuel filter. I've pulled it off, blown air through and run fuel through. There doesn't appear to be any blockage.
    Pulled injectors and they all appear to be clean. No gunk, damage or cracks.
    I have checked regulator and it is also clean.
    Next step fuel pump??

You got fuel pressure?

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I haven't got a tester to check how much. But it starting means there is atleast some.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    ''I've replaced the icm and coil''

New or used items?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    With the original oem ones. They worked, but during my hard start issues, I was running cheap aftermarket ones to rule out the ignition system being at fault.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    This issue has only developed over the last two months.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Is it possible to get fuel somewhere it shouldn't be, if you overflow the fuel tank when filling. I.e down the breather into charcoal canister??

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    k

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Charcoal canister is clear (just a hunch cause another fella had the issue)
    Gonna check the pump later.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I need a new ecu. P73. Does anyone have one that they are looking to sell? Or a Hondata that they want to get rid of cheap??