Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

CL9 Audio bang-for-buck audio upgrade options?

Any audiophiles out there?

As I see it, I have two options:

1. Getting something like the Grom IPD3 installed (http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/honda-ipd3.html). But I also want to potentially fix up the audio, and eventually run a 4-channel amp and speakers from the OEM unit, so was thinking of something like this OEM integration unit, to fix the awful stock frequencies (http://intl.jlaudio.com/cl441dsp-car...egration-98110).

2. Get a fascia kit and aftermarket head unit to run the amp off.

Plus speakers etc, of course.

I'm no expert on audio, although I am picky in regards to music clarity, certainly when it comes to bang-for-buck quality. So I'd love some advice on my best bang-for-buck options, and what'll stand me in better long-term stead?

Cheers.

P.S. I searched through a lot of the threads already, but nothing really covered the range of options available, certainly not any price/quality comparison.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Every pro seems to have massive cons attached to it with the CL9. It's really pissing me off.

I do option 1 and it costs quite a bit and severely limits customisation. Option 2 and I get great sound, but lose all night-time illumination on my factory buttons... great...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Anyone know if this fits the CL9? It says only the vanilla Accord's, but it looks like the same OEM unit.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1209978...-7862&skipvs=T

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Every pro seems to have massive cons attached to it with the CL9. It's really pissing me off.

I do option 1 and it costs quite a bit and severely limits customisation. Option 2 and I get great sound, but lose all night-time illumination on my factory buttons... great...
    You do not lose all the night time illuminiation. you need a harness.

I'm going to tell you bang-for-buck has to be a aftermarket headunit. No way around it. The Stock HU amp capabilities are shocking.

Grom isn't great - got a friend that has one. aftermarket headunit quality in everyway kills grom quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks mate, I think I'm going to go for the single din (cos I like having a little pocket to put stuff in), and make sure the factory illumination is kept, either by harness or splicing.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Factory illumination should be kept. It's usually used on the headunits anyway.

Single din presents much better value for money anyway, so that's the best path to go down