Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu

Grom USB2 interface for honda not working

Hey guys, need help on this one.

Bought this interface as I wanted something that would run andriod phones. This is for an accord euro 04 base model (no nav). The item is http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/honda-usb2p.html

The first unit I had wouldnt work. I plug it in and it does not detect. Later on I found out if I plug it in while say my phone was plugged in, it would charge the phone for around 3-4 secs then stop. But it never detects, cdc option.

Contacted cushieaudio, they sent me a new replacement with data cable. And the same thing is happening.

I have a much order unit attached that only has aux input, that works perfectly fine. The stereo detects it and I am able to select cdc. But not with the grom unit. The fact that the second one has failed makes me think an issue with the stereo? But then why does the older one work?

All I have to do it connect here, but im stumped now what to do. Grom support had me flash to the latest firmware for the first unit I had. As before, if the usb is already plugged in, then i connect to the stereo I get power for 3-4 secs. So I assume I was able to flash. But it never detected despite countless attempts.

Video showing a bit more info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUMc-yC8fc

Cheers
    Last edited by roony; 19-03-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: added more info

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Hello,

Did you ever fix it? What was the result from it all?

I have the exact same problem at the moment. I didn't know if it was the unit or the stereo itself stuffing up. I have tried flashing to the last firmware but still no good.
    I'll see what they come back with.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Mine was replaced and this fixed the issue.