Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT

Arrow [CL9] Front brake pads DB1393 or DB1515 for 2007 model?

Looking on the Bendix website, it says DB1515 for my 2007 CL9, but I rang up Repco and they say it's DB1393.

I'm confused. Which is the right one for the CL9 2007 model?

My '04 is DB1393 and I thought they were the same as the '07.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTiR/CL9
    Same as mine from burson

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Just called up Bendix and they say for an 07 model Accord Euro, it's DB1515 for the fronts. So I am just gonna grab a set of those off eBay which are $30 to $40 cheaper than Repco, SCA or Burson.
    Will update when I get them and attempt to change them over.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    I can supply genuine ones at close to half the price from dealers if interested.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Thanks, PM sent.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by laijer View Post
    Just called up Bendix and they say for an 07 model Accord Euro, it's DB1515 for the fronts. So I am just gonna grab a set of those off eBay which are $30 to $40 cheaper than Repco, SCA or Burson.
    Will update when I get them and attempt to change them over.
    So I swapped the front Honda pads the other day with the Bendix DB1515 on my 2007 CL9. They are not exactly the same shape as the Honda OEM ones.

The two ridges at the top of the pad are wider apart than the Honda OEM ones. This presents a slight problem for the inner pad and the shims that go onto them.

The inner pad has two metal shims. The 1st shim covers most of the surface area on the back of the pad. This shim fits perfectly.

The 2nd shim is smaller in width (it covers the area of where the brake piston pushes onto the brake pad). This 2nd shim has two tabs on the top to clamp onto the pad and because the DB1515 pads have the ridges wider than the OEM one, it obstructs the tabs on the 2nd shim from clamping on. I had to bend the tabs back slightly for them to go on, but they are not clamped on tight.

Not sure if this poses a real problem or not?

Wish I had taken photos, but I was pretty annoyed at the time and wasn't really thinking about this thread.

A bit disappointed with Bendix and their online catalogue search result for my 2007 Euro.

Sure it wasn't the DB1393 pads that may have been required?

It may be that while it mentions 2003-2005 they may still mean all CL9 models, while the 2006 onwards may have been directed towards the CU2 model? Might be an error in the catalogue

Funnily enough when I looked up google for CL9 brake pads it picked up another catalogue result:
    http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/7821

DB1391

The box for my 1393 says its compatible with 2007 models.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    It's definitely not DB1391. The Honda OEM ones look more like the 1393/1515.

Got an email reply from Bendix to say they are gonna check and verify their catalogue.

I will get the 1393 next time.
    Last edited by laijer; 07-01-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: addition info

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I've used both before (under a different brand). The correct ones are DB1393, which I am using again now. I had switched from the DB1393 shape to DB1515 a few years ago. When I installed the DB1515, one of the shims would not fit properly because of the two protrusions at the top of the pad. As a result, I had to bend the shims slightly. It still fitted and worked for a few years, but when the pad reached about 1.5mm of thickness, you would get a vibration under hard braking. I tested by switching back to my old DB1393 pads (didn't throw them out, I'm a hoarder) which was about the same thickness as the 1.5mm DB1515 and the vibration went away.

So, go for the DB1393.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2