Member Array
    Car:
    ED6

D16Y8 thrust bearing labour cost?

Hi guys,

How much normally people pay for the labour cost to get thrust bearing changed on ek civic? while I'm getting this fixed, should I do clutch and input shaft bearing? how much extra am I looking at?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    fai dola
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    ISB input shaft bearing is inside the gearbox. if you taking the gearbox out, so change clutch, Thrust bearing, and pilot bearing, which they come with clutch kit. Also resurface your flywheel. I would do something else which not everybody would do, change engine main seal.
    Cost for this job, I really do not know, I see mechanics only for road worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by subie View Post
    Hi guys,

How much normally people pay for the labour cost to get thrust bearing changed on ek civic? while I'm getting this fixed, should I do clutch and input shaft bearing? how much extra am I looking at?

cheers
    As a guide , a backyarder like myself would charge $250 or so to drop the box , replace release bearing and reinstall. No extra for the pilot and new clutch kit.

Probably add another $200 to get it done at a workshop

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6
    I've got a quote from local mechanic between $800 to $1000 to do clutch kit (including thrust bearing, spigot bush, rear main, fluid) that supplied and fitted. if it input shaft bearing, this will be extra as he has to pulling the gearbox apart.

the reason I asked about this cause.. I'm looking at buying the ej8 with whining problem caused by the thrust bearing (according to the owner).

the owner described the noise only occurs when car slowing down, foot off gas and still in gear, which my mechanic didn't thing it's either thrust bearing nor input shaft bearing

can anyone help?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by subie View Post
    I've got a quote from local mechanic between $800 to $1000 to do clutch kit (including thrust bearing, spigot bush, rear main, fluid) that supplied and fitted. if it input shaft bearing, this will be extra as he has to pulling the gearbox apart.

the reason I asked about this cause.. I'm looking at buying the ej8 with whining problem caused by the thrust bearing (according to the owner).

the owner described the noise only occurs when car slowing down, foot off gas and still in gear, which my mechanic didn't thing it's either thrust bearing nor input shaft bearing

can anyone help?

Cheers
    bennjamin can help you if you pay him.

$250 labour is cheap as fuk

ill neg u if u lowball

ok
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    800-1000$, How much would they charge for engine swap :|

Whirling is def input shaft bearing.
    Go for a drive - warm it up - then open bonnet and slowly press clutch in and out and witness noise disappear and reappear.

Whirling is DEFINITELY the ISB (Input Shaft Bearing)
    It's been happening to my 97 EK for a while now.
    It happens whenever the clutch is disengaged, but whenever i engage the clutch, the sound disappears. (happens real bad on 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear with clutch disengaged)

I'll be getting around in changing my clutch this week, by one of the local mechanics.

I recommend you to do the same, all you need is a brand new clutch kit, which all included with all the goods. Clutch plate, pressure plate & throw-out bearing & also have your flywheel machined (resurfaced) as @hmetro24 has said.