Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

is anybody waiting to buy the new civic type R?

according to recent news from caradvice.com.au.

The*Honda Civic Type R*will absolutely return to Australia, though precise launch timing is still being worked out.*

After repeatedly saying it was dead keen to import the reborn hot hatch after a five-year absence,*Honda*Australia director Stephen Collins confirmed to CarAdvice today that it’s now locked-in.

The news comes as Honda in the UK has commenced taking £3000 ($A5600) pre-orders for the car ahead of its launch there around May 2015.*

“We are trying to confirm timing and therefore have not officially announced as yet,” Collins told us today. “It’s a matter of when not if — it will return to Australia for sure.*

“[We] Should be able to confirm timing in the next few months,” he added.

Given the UK launch timing — incidentally, the Type R will be built at Honda UK’s Swindon plant for export — the Type R is unlikely to arrive in Australia before the third quarter of 2015 at the earliest.*

Read more at http://www.caradvice.com.au/323034/h...jl1gHIVm8zY.99
    h2b all motor- RIP
    FN2 -RIP
    GTI- RIP
    A 45 AMG -RIP
    C63 C205

I wonder what they'll do to gimp it...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    I heard it might hit Australia shores end of the year. I'm keen on one but need a test drive to see if its worth the money,

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Working at a honda dealership, i know my manager has not heard anything about it at all. lots of car magazines saying its definitely coming 2015 when last thing we heard from Honda AU was 2017.

so we will see, price will be around 50k apparently.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Doesnt interest me at all

cool that theyre using turbo tho

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    feel like the new R button instead of the ECO button is silly it should be R spec all the time, and eco spec when u want

For $50k there's just so much out there, I think that the Type R would have to be something very special. Unfortunately I can't see it happening - just more of the same formula that's already available now, not to mention what's coming out in the next couple of years.

Final gen XR8 has to be one of the performance bargains of the century (even if you don't like RWD taxis). Although I wasn't planning on replacing any vehicles for the next couple of years, I'm still sorely tempted to pay my local Ford dealer a visit. Maybe I can get a package deal on an XR8 and Fiesta ST.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    Working at a honda dealership, i know my manager has not heard anything about it at all. lots of car magazines saying its definitely coming 2015 when last thing we heard from Honda AU was 2017.

so we will see, price will be around 50k apparently.
    I've heard we are getting 2 specs which is a shame =(

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    For $50k there's just so much out there, I think that the Type R would have to be something very special. Unfortunately I can't see it happening - just more of the same formula that's already available now, not to mention what's coming out in the next couple of years.

Final gen XR8 has to be one of the performance bargains of the century (even if you don't like RWD taxis). Although I wasn't planning on replacing any vehicles for the next couple of years, I'm still sorely tempted to pay my local Ford dealer a visit. Maybe I can get a package deal on an XR8 and Fiesta ST.
    Wait till your Powershift or Electronics explode in your face, you'll be singing a different tune lol
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I wonder what they'll do to gimp it...
    Nothing, it's the "full fat" car, there is no "better" JDM version.

Brembos, Recaros, "Steer axis" (similar to Ford's Revoknuckle)... it will have the works.

It's priced similar to the Focus RS, Megane 275 Trophy, Subaru STi etc.

This would be nice

New Honda Civic Type R Coupe Imagined

From the article:
    Independent artist Wild Speed has turned the Honda Civic Coupe concept into a fully-fledged Type R model.

2 pictures and full article

It will be release 1 year after the brits get it since Honda AU light to take their time and cause this stupid country has to do its own safety tests rather than use the european test data.
    And when we get it, it might be watered down compared to the UK version.
    Just like the last one.