Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro

DC2R Security System

Hi All,

I currently own a 6 speed CL9 which I've had for the past year and a half. It's a great car but I've always wanted an integra type r and I managed to locate one through a private sale.

It's an '01 with a full service history and looks absolutely immaculate. Problem is that I'm currently renting and don't have access to a secure garage so I park my car in the outdoor car park nearby.

I know having a garage would be the best choice for a car like this but since I don't have that option I'd like to know whether a mid range security system (thinking Viper) will be enough for now until I'm able to purchase my own place and have a garage to myself.

Thanks All

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    You've pretty much answered your own question man. Yes you can have an alarm system and yes it will protect your car (to an extent) but optimal if you can get a garage. If your looking into an alarm system would be best to get one with either a single/double/triple immboliser. This will help prevent people from trying to drive your car away if they don't have the key fob. At least it's better than just " seeing how it goes". IF your in sydney their are a few plcaes you can take them too like Car Carbon Systems Blacktown, MC Car Security Hoxton Park Well basically anywhere. Depending on your budget, decent mid range brands can be (for me) Viper, ComStar & Mongoose, can't go wrong but do abit more research in what you want out of a car beside a siren going off and you can go from there. Answering your Q, yes it will help. GL.