O2 sensor wire snapped

Hey All,

Posted this on ITRforums got no answer but you Ozhonda boys are better

I was walking toward my car the other Day and noticed a wire hanging down onto the road. On closer look I noticed it was the wire from the O2 sensor in the Cat which I assume runs from the sensor to the ECU. It has snapped most likely from my car scraping on a drive way/Speedhump etc as its low. The wire mustn't of been hanging right to begin with in that case.

I have a K Pro ECU so it has not thrown a CEL and there has been absolute no difference to the car or the way it drives.

Is the sensor even required for a K Pro? should I get it rewired?

Cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Which o2 sensor? Pre cat or post cat?

If it's post cat, then a lot of tuning options disable that sensor because of high flow cats and test pipes etc to prevent throwing a Cel.

But I'd still solder it back together for the sake of roadworthy and shit
    Last edited by Fredoops; 19-01-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 civic Cxi
    The O2 sensor would be sending signals to the ECU. It would probably be no difference in daily driving but it might affect the air/fuel ratio on high rpm. Best to fix it or eliminate that at ECU level. CEL might appear, sometimes after many months of no problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    The O2 sensor would be sending signals to the ECU. It would probably be no difference in daily driving but it might affect the air/fuel ratio on high rpm. Best to fix it or eliminate that at ECU level. CEL might appear, sometimes after many months of no problem.
    Wrong, primary o2 sensors (pre cat, lambada sensor) are only used for CLOSED loop operations to adjust air fuel ratios (IE: daily driving), at open loop (WOT) primary o2 sensors are solemnly used.

The 2ND o2 sensor (post cat, o2 sensor) are used purely to check cat converter function. Hence my original comment.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars