Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1

Mileage in Stock S2000 AP1

After my first week of owning this car I only for 380kms to the tank. Now this doesn't sound right considering my previous car (R33) could run till about 400-420kms.

What could be causing this? Yes I've hit VTEC a few times since owning it, but surely it can't eat fuel as much as a turbo can it?

I'm thinking its more mechanical. Something isn't working the way it should be and possibly causing the car to work harder and therefore eat more fuel?

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    First and foremost, it has a small petrol tank.

Second, surely it can use as much as any car putting out over 170kw or more. Whilst engaging vtec id guess your using almost 20ltrs per 100km. Not that its above 6000rpm for very long.

Lastly, i was getting about 10.5l/100km on average with very low km engine. I always filled up at about 300ks

enjoy

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    You should probably compare L/100km against L/100km

the skyline has a bigger tank
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    You should probably compare L/100km against L/100km

the skyline has a bigger tank
    Yep not too bad at all. 45 litre tank compared to a 65 litre tank and only cost me $50 to fill as opposed to $70 and that was both when fuel prices were low (and still are).

Sounds about right man. I get around 350-400km a tank normal city driving etc

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Todxxx View Post
    Sounds about right man. I get around 350-400km a tank normal city driving etc
    I've only owned it for a bit over a week now so was shocked, but not too bad now that I think about it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I get 350km too
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I rarely let my tank get under half full, so don't know the range.

However, living out of town, with most of my driving on 100 Km/H country roads, with regular blasts in 3Rd to pass slow farm traffic, I usually get about 9.5L/100Km.

For comparison I also average 9.5L/100Km in my 120 BHP Triumph TR7, on the same driving, but the family burn over 10L/100Km in the chicken power shopping trolley Oz Ford Capri 2+2. Guess we thump the poor little thing, trying to get somewhere.

Babying the 2K when I had mine, I got about 7.2L-7.5L/100km
    Driving normally was about 9L/100km
    Check o2 sensors etc

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I hate when ppl compare fuel consumption to how much it costs and what the trip computer says. As someone mentioned... Compare it as xL/100km.

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    ^^^ those numbers are a bit low considering the cars tuned for optimal fuel economy at about 3000rpm?

Don't forget the R33 [I'm assuming GTS-T] has a 2.5L Turbo engine with ample torque to get it rolling where as the S2000 is well known to lack low-mid range torque. Want to know where your fuel economy suffers? Right there
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter