Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

EG budget stance project

Hey guys,

Been long term member of the forum. i sold my civic about a year ago and now i need another for a stanced daily project.

I have a few questions about stance on a budget.

Im wanting something low, camber (not crazy, but definately stand out-ish), stretched tyres on some nice dished rims.

What will i need to get this look?

coil overs?
    camber kit ? what exactly is needed here ?
    what size offset rims/tyres?

Im new to stance, but i need it in my life. It will be cheap car about $1000-1500 (slight work, no RWC/rego costs included, 1.5 carb is fine by me, this wont be my speed fix), cheap camber kit/lowering kit $500-1000.... about $1000 for wheels.

I dont mind 2nd hand parts, I dont mind a crappy ride, its only a to work and back vehicle. Car needs to pass the 50/50 eye test ... looks good at 50meters at 50kmph

thanks guys, any links, pics, advice welcomed
    Last edited by OzNewbie; 20-01-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I hope this is a troll...

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    should buy wheels with brands such as rota, xxr as they are new

and cheaper than brands like bbs rays as they are used and overpriced
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    I hope this is a troll...
    Why?

thought it better to ask so I know where/what to look at.

Im a noob, yes. But I thought the very idea of forums was to ask/discuss/learn

Even though the budget is non existant, its better than cut springs on chrome rims. Well I thought so anyway.

I was thinking of sleeves just http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=548/CA=71

and top mounts on the front
    http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=642/CA=71

and 8 " 16s with +0, +20 offset
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XXR-531-j...item3cf0ce5697

how do I get camber though? Whats needed

(arch roll of course. Maybe slight flare if required, also if I can find anyone to do decent/cheap job in brisbane)
    Last edited by OzNewbie; 20-01-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6
    Some natural camber can be achieved by just dropping the height of your car with coilovers or springs/shocks, or get camber arms if you want to be precise about it.

Guard rolling should be sufficient, you shouldn't need to flare unless you're getting wheels with mad offset or width.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    this gonna be sick build

cant wait for updates bro
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Opppssss
    Last edited by OzNewbie; 21-01-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

And to the elite, sorry for the great offence I have caused.

Its daily hack, 3-3.5k is max for car/mods for me, 4-5k on road rego/repairs etc.

I get the feeling that look isn't appreciated here? If that's the case I can check out stanceworks.
    Last edited by OzNewbie; 21-01-2015 at 10:28 AM.

I'd always choose function over form but its your car, do what you like.
    Like the other guy said, lowering your ride height will naturally develope camber so get camber arms last.
    Don't know what state your in but defects are more then likely to happen when your stanced, keep the costs of clearing defects and time away from work in mind. It would make the "budget" aspect blow out

EG budget stance project

First thing you need to install is an Australian standard 4 point immobilizer. This is required for all vehicles made pre 1995 in order to qualify for comprehensive car insurance. You will need comprehensive car insurance when your hella flush, stanced, completely undrivable death trap hits a very small pot hole and sends you into a pensioners rose garden.
    Jokes. I'm sure will handle awesome..

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by OzNewbie View Post
    Thanks for the helpful replies.

And to the elite, sorry for the great offence I have caused.

Its daily hack, 3-3.5k is max for car/mods for me, 4-5k on road rego/repairs etc.

I get the feeling that look isn't appreciated here? If that's the case I can check out stanceworks.
    Mate its not elitism,if you had asked for help with mechanical issue or some reasonable mods I'd be the 1st to jump in and try to assist

but what you've done is ask advice on how to build a shit box that could be dangerous and also a cop magnet which will send you broke,and by the sound of it you have limited funds already

my advice would be forget this stance stuff and just do a bit lower with good suspension and sure wider wheel/tyre but not stance spec...

if you decide to ignore this then try putting this thread on jdmst,you might get better responses from stance gurus

ummm, now i see where your coming from.

I dont want crazy, 1/4 rear tyre on the road, dangerous sh*t.
    Also dont want to be getting defected every other week.

clean, low and nice wheels with a bit of camber is what il be aiming for. Maybe using stance in the thread automatically sets of alarm bells as 'stance' is usually associated with the extreme.

actually now i read it back/replies etc. I do think ive came across wrong. Of course I want safe. But what i meant about crappy ride is I dont mind scraping the odd bump/very slight scrubbing/hard ride etc. But definatly not dangerous.

can i start again .... ?

.... what would you guys recommend for a safe/lowering options/height/wheel offset on a budget for a (slow/non race spec) daily ?

thanks
    Last edited by OzNewbie; 21-01-2015 at 05:02 PM.