Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattis View Post
    HmM, the missus accord euro recently started blowing ambient air from the AC. Had done this intermittently after running for a while previously, but now it's permanently not working.

Common for the compressor to crap itself on these is it?
    A bit of thread mining. The compressor on Management's car has also stopped playing. The clutch does not engage, the revs don't pick up etc. I've checked fuses, haven't had a meter out yet to check power to the clutch, but after reading through the thread it looks like a cactus compressor could well be on the cards. Not sure what services around Hobart are like for fixing aircon, but if it's like everything else, with a small population and a captive market, things tend to be expensive unless you know someone in the game.
    Does anyone have a part number for the Sanden compressor for an '07 Accord Euro Luxury?

Cheers,

Mick.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I don't remember the name but there is an air con compressor rebuilder in Melbourne.

Buy it. Have it shipped down. And get any aircon shop to do the fitting.

The compressor for all the accords of the same vintage is the same.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 16-10-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I don't remember the name but there is an air con compressor rebuilder in Melbourne.

Buy it. Have it shipped down. And get any aircon shop to do the fitting.

The compressor for all the accords of the same vintage is the same.
    Thanks for that. The unit on the car is a keihin hs110r, Summit Racing have them new on Ebay for Oz $345 including freight. I'll do some more homework, but that looks like a good start. There are several vendors selling clutch kits, at least that way I'd be able to do the work myself. I've yet to measure voltage at the connector to make sure that the clutch is actually getting power, nothing worse than replacing parts that were serviceable.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You can use a flash light to look at the compressor clutch. The outer ring will be spinning and the centre will be idle when A/C is off. When A/C is on, the clutch engages and the middle will spin as well. If the middle spins but you don't get cool air, then the compressor is the problem, not the clutch.

If you do replace the compressor, I would transfer the old clutch pulley over. The aftermarket ones have slightly different diameters, thus needing you to determine what new belt length you will require!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro
    I finally got around to checking the power to the clutch with a multi meter. It doesn't matter what A/C setting I select there is no power to the clutch, if I apply 12v to the clutch wire it engages. I've checked the few fuses or relays that I could find reference to in the glovebox handbook, so unless someone can point me at other likely culprits, I think I'll get an auto electrician to have a look.