Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Sedan

2000 EK Sedan Suspension

I want to lower my EK, i was just wondering if there is any point moving to EK9 suspension or if adding springs to stock EK suspension is just as effective?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Fundamentally, if you want a genuine handling improvement, complete EK9 suspension would offer a great improvement over just changing springs. You'll get dampers designed to match to start with (assuming they are good working condition) - that alone is worth it. If there are stabiliser bars, and other arms & bushes that are available and fit - all the better. Having said that, I'm not familiar with the detail differences between Ek9 and an EK Sedan suspension, but from a holistic perspective you won't end up with mis-matched, bouncy, crashy ride and handling like you can by upgrading springs (simply to lower) and standard, worn shocks. With a little more weight over the rear of the car, it will probably ride a little better than an EK9 too.

I'll leave to the more knowledgable on the specifics of what fits both platforms.

OP

your goal is to lower - aftermarket springs will do this.

Actual EK9 suspension will barely lower your car and do nothing noticeable to your handling...plus it will be overpriced and possibly old anyway. if you are looking at aiding in handling, consider a upgraded rear swaybar kit. Search for a ASR kit and rear ek9 swaybar

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    OP

your goal is to lower - aftermarket springs will do this.

Actual EK9 suspension will barely lower your car and do nothing noticeable to your handling...plus it will be overpriced and possibly old anyway. if you are looking at aiding in handling, consider a upgraded rear swaybar kit. Search for a ASR kit and rear ek9 swaybar
    good tires better than swaybars m80
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    chop springs met
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

What's your budget and what are you trying to achieve?