Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
    Not from the research i have done. A stock cl9 up against a dc5r stock ends with the cl9 winning. Thats stock, intake, exhaust, supercharger, etc..

I could upgrade the heads to a type r head, get rid of the lev components. In my eyes this car will probably cost more and use more time, but itll be madd by then end.
    Are these cars stock? the CL9 has a nice pull dont get me wrong my gf got one.

but even she would rather a dc5r, the euro is boaty, unless you need 4 doors just get 2

plus u could always go frank on a DC5R aswell, or go frank k24/20a on a DC2. the chassis is the most important part you cant change that, so get the right one

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Considering she wanted an fd lol
    I think the cl9 was a better choice :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hey Lemon if ya want 4 doors and handling then the fd1 + k20/24 frank is doable, with a full tank of juice and lightweight seat in my fd1 it weighs under 1190kgs, confirmed at the drags last week.

Handling would be on par if not better than your dc2 dc5 Ep3 euro options. Conversion cost is a smidge higher due to needing an fd2 subframe, i was lucky enough to get an fd2R subframe and steering rack cheaply. Anythings doable if ya have the time and cash.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Hey Lemon if ya want 4 doors and handling then the fd1 + k20/24 frank is doable, with a full tank of juice and lightweight seat in my fd1 it weighs under 1190kgs, confirmed at the drags last week.

Handling would be on par if not better than your dc2 dc5 Ep3 euro options. Conversion cost is a smidge higher due to needing an fd2 subframe, i was lucky enough to get an fd2R subframe and steering rack cheaply. Anythings doable if ya have the time and cash.
    Euro/ audm fd/ fn from my understanding has torsion rear end, and is far worse than the dc5/ep/ek, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    Euro/ audm fd/ fn from my understanding has torsion rear end, and is far worse than the dc5/ep/ek, etc.
    The euro's cu2/cl9 are the last of the famed Honda's double wishe boned suspension...
    The fd (au)/fn2 big to differ
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hey drifter Im only sharing the comments other honda racers have made after fanging my fd1 at the track, and after all the FD2R is the best fwd ever produced by Honda, Euro handing maybe good but its a massive weight penalty.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Hey drifter Im only sharing the comments other honda racers have made after fanging my fd1 at the track, and after all the FD2R is the best fwd ever produced by Honda, Euro handing maybe good but its a massive weight penalty.
    From everyrhing i've seen, the euro/ audm model was surpassed in every way by the ep3r

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Dude he has a turbo.

Therefore moral of story. Wanna go fast, just need turbo.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Yeah i get what ya saying, tight chassis the ep3, thou a little top heavy for my liking. shape aint that aerodynamic either.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    nothing a turbo cannot fix.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Who s got a turbo ??

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    You?