Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bas' PY DC2R

Bas' PY DC2R

My names Bas, I'm currently 18, and this is the story of my DC2R
    Story time!
    Around February of 2014, I begun looking for different types of cars as I knew I would be getting my green p's in July and thus would give myself and upgrade. I had my eyes set on an accord euro and fell absolutely in love with them, I even began making a list of the things I wanted to do to it as soon as I got it. Then one night came along as of then, I had heard a little about the DC2R but not enough to have me Engaged in wanting to own one. My friend and I were headed towards the city in his Nissan Pulsar VZR, a car I never really liked much but my friend claimed his car was one of the quickest N/A cars going around. As we were headed towards the city, A PY DC2R pulls up next to him, three beeps later and the DC2R left the VZR for dead & that night was the first of a series of long nights with me searching up the DC2R. I was constantly looking for either a white or yellow one and quickly realised how hard it was to find a decent one. After months of looking, I had finally found the one I wanted, the second I laid my eyes on it I knew that it was going to be the car I wanted.
    Here it was as I bought it!

2000 PY DC2R 00-0577
    This car was as clean as I've ever seen, with log books stamped every service up to date and everything. Receipts showed that the previous owner had a lighten flywheel installed aswell, which was a bonus.
    Mods included:
    X-force 4-2-1 Headers
    Fujistbo 2 1/2" Exhaust system with a Fujistbo 4" cannon
    Injen CAI

The stock wheels had been resprayed black with a red outline, something which I've never been a great fan of and plan to either go complete black or find a set of gun metal grey ones.
    Upon purchasing it, I loved the car besides the fact that the exhaust sounded really farty and I did not like the sound at all, you could barely hear V-Tec opening up due to the loudness of it, so my first mod was to go and purchase an X-Force twin loop which I went about of doing.
    As of purchase, the gearbox had slight crunching in high revs in 4th gear, which I had no problem with and reflected the price I purchased the car for ($8500) which included 9 months rego.

I also went out and purchased some blue lug nuts as I felt that they would stand out and give the car a new look.

My current plans for the car include:
    - Recondition gearbox with Carbon Synchros
    - Purchase a Hondata and get a tune (I'm hoping for 130KWatw, I plan to purchase cams if I fall short of that mark)
    - Coilovers, although it currently has king springs I would prefer if the car sat a little lower, plus added stability doesn't hurt.
    - JDM front conversion
    - Option Skirts and Pods (these are a bitch to find at a reasonable price)

How the car currently sits -
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    dont use those nuts with those wheels.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Paint grill black
    part time potato

Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Paint grill black
    By grill I assume you mean the part under the number plate? I plan on changing the front bar in the near future as a clip has broken on the left hand side near the wheel and it's constantly sticking out which annoys me a lot, so will be ensuring it gets painted black when I do it.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Yep that's it.

Also cbauto is right, don't use those lugs on Oem wheels
    part time potato

Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Yep that's it.

Also cbauto is right, don't use those lugs on Oem wheels
    I plan to get new wheels very very soon so that won't be an issue for much longer.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Keep up the good work, DC2R is a beautiful machine
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I plan to get new wheels very very soon so that won't be an issue for much longer.
    Going for stanced? jdm frunt wif stance will look illest

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Going for stanced? jdm frunt wif stance will look illest
    Honestly not too sure yet! I've always loved the look of te37's and think I might be swaying towards them, though a stanced PY jdm front look amazing and is very tempting.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000
    Where are you getting your gearbox done? I'm planning on doing mine too. It might also be a good idea to have a look at the engine mounts as they could cause premature wear on the transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftycuts View Post
    Where are you getting your gearbox done? I'm planning on doing mine too. It might also be a good idea to have a look at the engine mounts as they could cause premature wear on the transmission.
    Planning to get it done at extreme project world once im ready, I've heard good things about them.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Planning to get it done at extreme project world once im ready, I've heard good things about them.
    I'm interested to see how you go. I had my 3rd and 4th sleeves replaced and after less than a year it started crunching.. also getting bearing noises