2 50.00%
  • B16A Swap

2 50.00%
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 1999 EK1

D16Y4 swap mods then turbo vs B16A swap

Hi all,

I'm still in the early stages of research but felt it was a good idea to ask some of you guys what you recommend.

I have an Ek1 1999 and love it, my aim is to put another 8K into this build and make it an awesome cruise and track car.

What I am deciding at the moment is:

Do I get a new D16Y4 swapped in, modified and tuned (cams then maybe turbo).

Or do I just get a complete B16A put in?

The D16 would be cheaper at the start, plus the new clutch that I will be getting can still be used, if I go with the B16 I would have to scrap the new clutch correct?

I would like to mess around with my current D16 spend a bit of money on it and use the mods for the new D16, but if I get a B16 obviously those mods wouldn't be useable.

So, what do you guys recommend a D16Y4 with mods then turbo'd in the future or a B16A swap?

Cheers,

Josh

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Get Turbo Vtec.

If it were ME i'd spend dat 8k into something better. Sell current car for say 2-3K and use the saved up 8K to get into something like a DC2R? Shit even save up for few months more, EP3/DC5/FN2R all within reach within a sort period of time ... maybe even a shity s2k lol.

But Sentimental value of the car is only in your heart.

In that case, i would recommend you to read info on dseries.org

If your willing to be different and work a d series, they could be a monster when done right and you dont really have to be worried too much blowing one up cos they dont carry the fanboy tax.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    8k and you can kswap and get better results than both of the options listed.
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    IMO few yrs ago, B16 swaps were still in the 3-4k range, so turbo d would b the go, if u know what fits, an what u need u could do it for 3k easy, nowadays, u can pickup a complete b16 swap, with all running gear for 1.5 - 2k, so u gotta weigh it up really...

b16 swap is the easier way to go and cheaper route, if u dont plan on keeping the car for long, otherwise........

turbo vtak = fun times
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    na k series= fun times eh eh eh heeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    turbo k series eeeeeh hehheheheeeeeeeeeeeee
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre