Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy1978 View Post
    Yep. Have both 2 piston and 4 piston out in the garage somewhere. Required for engineering at my end too.
    ....and would you happen to have the measurements ? Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    ....and would you happen to have the measurements ? Thanks !!
    Here you go.

So I got creative with my dash. I enlarged the hole to fit the Honda cluster and made a surround out of acrylic to go over it. Of course it had to be carbon fibre wrapped to match the existing dash.
    I also wrapped the cluster fascia and added some chrome rings around the dials.
    What do you think?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Looks awesome
    SSpamily

The 4 piston calipers have 6% less piston area than the stock 2 piston setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    The 4 piston calipers have 6% less piston area than the stock 2 piston setup.
    I am not sure how it works but interested in how you work that out?
    Visually the 4 piston looks like it would apply pressure to a wider area. No?

It's to do with overall displacement (how much fluid is displaced) giving the actual clamping force - don't forget your master cylinder bore size as well into the equation

PS my mini came with drums on the front so anything is an improvement

Mine has discs with a booster. The original master cylinder and booster is staying. Just the discs, pads and calipers are changing.

The piston area is proportional to the diameter squared. The 2 piston setup has a total piston area of 4085mm2. The 4 piston setup has a total piston area of 3848mm2.

As you say, the 4 piston setup will apply load more evenly to the pad but this doesn't have a huge impact.

As long as it works the same or better then I'm happy with just the look of them.

Noobie. Mini with a Vtec JDM B16A

A few more adjustments.
    Brake booster moved to the left to give the dizzy some more clearance. Much better now.

After taking the exhaust off to fix one of the studs, I learnt why I should have went for the ceramic coating. Bloody fibre glass wrap. Itchy fingers. Note to self.....never again.
    So, ceramic coating done. Looks great but won't be really seen when the front grille goes on.

And with some playing around with the Autronic ECU it now runs.
    I still have to sort out a few things like the noisy IAC valve you can hear before the engine starts and in fact over the top of the engine. Some ECU settings will fix that when I work it out.

Now to get everything else sorted like bleeding the brakes & clutch and hoping for the best.
    Also still need to tidy up the wiring and put the dash back in. Relocate the subwoofer and amp now that I have added a second fuel tank.
    Set up the suspension and wheel alignment and the list goes on.
    Last edited by Dutchy1978; 11-07-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    B20VTEC EG!
    With the iacv you might need to turn the duty cycle up or the frequency.
    All looks fantastic tho mate.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    '66 Morris Mini DeLuxe. In pieces.
    '88 Honda RT4WDShuttle. B20vtec turbo crv swap
    '95 Honda EG Civic. B20VTEC.