Thread: no spark D15b4

no spark D15b4

Car: 88 rt4wd civic wagon
    Engine: D15b4
    Problem: no spark
    Description: cranks fine but wont start. Pulled off lead and no spark showing.
    I believe these have a built in coil in the dizzy?

Question: which other dizzy will suit my car, most D15b4 at the wreckers are missing their dizzys
    Will this one suit?
    http://www.jollysupullit.com.au/ezip...%2011/91-09/93

Car is on the side of the road at the moment so any info would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    its probaly the coil or ignitor 9/10 times so you wont need a whole new dizzy

test both of them with multimeter and go from there

theres plenty of DIY for honda dizzy tests online with the correct parameters

my coil died and I went and pulled one from a civic at wreckers for 10 bucks

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...ual/sect2.html
    Thanks ekvtir, have also heard 99% of coil/ignitors are interchangeable, but going through various pics of them makes me doubt it.
    That one off a d13 motor looks identical, going to replace the whole unit as a quick fix, I'm better at nuts and bolts rather then electronics.
    Added above concerto manual which has the d15b4 in it with testing procedures for others that may search this up.
    I'll let you know how I go

Fixed. Just had to change over the plug fitting on the ignitor to suit the 88 loom and apart from that everything is the same between a 88 D15b4 and eg 1.3 breeze d series.
    Honda ♡

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    the coil on my dec 91 d15b4 civic blew 2 weeks after i had the jumpy speedo (not the tacho), speedo was steady for 10 minutes with new coil and it start jumping again. is the ignitor failing or its unrelated? would be if the coil blow again..

i thought ignition problem would affect tacho rpm not the speedo?

Unrelated, speedo is cable driven, check the 10mm bolt securing it to the gearbox is tight, or pull it out and grease the cable

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    hmm. mine speedo is electronic, i'll take the VSS out and check it anyway, just in case. it has a connector with 3 wires.