Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    I would suggest close to useless for a "daily" car. Any draw on the battery would likely kill it in the short term (alarm , gps etc) UNLESS you have a counter-active window or dash solar charger with equal to or greater charge! Just a thought.

But perhaps all this is far too much effort in a mod that essentially makes no difference at all in a daily car!
    Glad I got a PC680 then...
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Glad I got a PC680 then...
    Tried and tested. I've been through a few dekas on various cars / bikes wth success too. With all these light weight dry cell batteries I personally have gotten into a habit of tethering a charge dongle on each , for trickle charging here and there. Also looking at a OBD port or direct connect solar charger for a track car. You really need to keep on top of these batteries- one or two flat cycles and they die.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    yh

didnt drive my car for 4 days with alarm system. it went flat and gg, $150 paperweight.
    used deka etx15
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    Anyone had any experiences with Shorai batteries?
    http://shoraipower.com.au/
    Usual applications seem to be for motorcycles, watercraft and ATVs but i seen this..
    http://store.kcmachine.com/products/...shorai-battery

Lightweight batteries, what are people using and why? Advice appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by AusVTi-R View Post
    Anyone had any experiences with Shorai batteries?
    http://shoraipower.com.au/
    Usual applications seem to be for motorcycles, watercraft and ATVs but i seen this..
    http://store.kcmachine.com/products/...shorai-battery

Just get a full river hc20, $129 online from Sydney. Only couple of kgs more and proven, you'll never notice the weight difference unless you're driving a go kart.

*Edit due to failure to read further before bagging. Advice above still stands though!
    Last edited by rc_; 26-03-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_ View Post
    They must be good, they're "lithium iron".

I'd stay away from them if they can't even bother to get the terminology right.

Just get a full river hc20, $129 online from Sydney. Only couple of kgs more and proven, you'll never notice the weight difference unless you're driving a go kart.
    Actually i think Lithium IRON is actually a thing..

Lightweight batteries, what are people using and why? Advice appreciated...

Actually i think Lithium IRON is actually a thing..
    Fail by me.

Hadn't researched further that it was slang for LiFePO 4.

Still think their claims are over the top.

"With this simple modification, you will immediately notice sharper steering response and improved turn in."

????????????

US$399 + shipping (if they will even ship to Aus). Not worth it IMO but if you have money to burn go ahead.
    Last edited by rc_; 26-03-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    Fail by me.

Hadn't researched further that it was slang for LiFePO 4.

Still think their claims are over the top.

"With this simple modification, you will immediately notice sharper steering response and improved turn in."

????????????

What are they stinging people for this I wonder.
    I think they're referring to the weight reduction effect, 7 pound is approx 3.2Kgs.....pretty light for a battery if you ask me man

I think they're referring to the weight reduction effect, 7 pound is approx 3.2Kgs.....pretty light for a battery if you ask me man
    Yes, I agree it is very light for a car battery but that's not my point. You will never ever notice the handling improvement from this mod as they claim.

The weight difference between this battery and others mentioned in this thread is SFA in the scheme of things.

The other advantages you get (ie being able to mount sideways etc for easy relocation) you still get with other much cheaper dry cell batteries like full river/ deka / odyssey.

Above is just my opinion, i chose to get a lightweight battery only because my standard one died and is for a dedicated track car. Price wise was cheaper than getting the equivalent standard battery too so win win.

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    Yes, I agree it is very light for a car battery but that's not my point. You will never ever notice the handling improvement from this mod as they claim.

The weight difference between this battery and others mentioned in this thread is SFA in the scheme of things.

The other advantages you get (ie being able to mount sideways etc for easy relocation) you still get with other much cheaper dry cell batteries like full river/ deka / odyssey.

Above is just my opinion, i chose to get a lightweight battery only because my standard one died and is for a dedicated track car. Price wise was cheaper than getting the equivalent standard battery too so win win.
    Yeah I respect your opinion man.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for the product.
    I merely asked members participating in the thread, whether they had any experiences with the brand.

Forums are all about discussion and learning.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    If you're really trying to reduce your cars weight then every bit counts, even if you won't see a difference immediately after removing a couple of kilos it all adds up eventually.

But I wouldn't want to run something that requires charging all the time even if it's lighter.

2c made
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Yeah I respect your opinion man.

I'm not trying to be an advocate for the product.
    I merely asked members participating in the thread, whether they had any experiences with the brand.

Forums are all about discussion and learning.
    You might have to be the guinea pig, lithium car batteries are fairly new tech Prob not much experience here apart from eg5 mentioned earlier in the thread.