Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1991 Honda Beat
    Tegzieboi_BAR,

I tried the Fit/Jazz front brake upgrade this weekend, didn't work at all. The Rotor was way to thick, it wouldn't fit without pushing the rotor out a bit (I see it's 3mm). And the caliper I got wouldn't fit over the hub, if I trimmed the middle a bit it would work. How did you get the rotor out far enough? I took the original rotor and took off the outer part to see if that would be the spacer I needed, that didn't work either.
    Ugh! I guess I'm going to go with the original brakes.
    Can you take a picture of your set up, it might help me a bit.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    As per the PM i sent you, it's literally as described in the post above. Unbolt the old calipers and rotors, mount the new, bleed and she's ready to go! Just make sure you've got the GD model (1st gen) Jazz/Fit calipers and rotors which are 240mm in diameter... hopefully the US models are the same as what we get here. Post up some pics of yours when you get a chance

That's terrible news mate! I'm always very cautious when driving in a blind spot of cars as the Beats are so tiny and easilly missed in the rearview. Did you end up crashing into a barrier or anything? Hope you got out of it without any injuries! Is the chassis/body repairable? Anywhoo best of luck finding a replacement.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Hmmm I suspect the USDM GD is different to AUDM/JDM as mine was literally as simple as re-installing OEM part. No modification required other than removal of heatshield. I've sent you an email.
    Getting there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Beat

Brake upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    Hmmm I suspect the USDM GD is different to AUDM/JDM as mine was literally as simple as re-installing OEM part. No modification required other than removal of heatshield. I've sent you an email.

I am in the middle of a full brake upgrade. I am biasing my braking a little to the rear as my rear tyres are 195/45/15 and my front 165/55/14

Rear

I have fitted this to the rear of my daily drive and all good.

S2000 calipers 13CLP15S
    Civic FD 2006 caliper mounts.
    DBA2502 rotors 260mm diameter, 48mm high, 61mm centre hole, 4x100pcd, solid.
    Im waiting more aggressive rear pad EBC yellow stuff.
    The hand brake cable has the wrong end. I used a 5mm bolt to replace the pin, it works well so now I will machine a couple of SS pin up.

All this bolts up without any modification. Hydraulic lines bolt up no problems.

Front
    On the bench I have mounted 2004 GD Jazz rotor & caliper which bolt up to the Beat hub without modification. (only the edge of the dust shield needs flattening)
    DBA2504 rotor 240mm diameter, 39mm high, 61mm centre hole,4x100pcd, vented
    Caliper 15CL13VN

Im looking for a set of JDM Honda Fit front brakes (231mm rotor) but will try the Jazz 240mm soon
    Last edited by Beat; 01-06-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I am in the middle of a full brake upgrade. I am biasing my braking a little to the rear as my rear tyres are 195/45/15 and my front 165/55/14

Rear

I have fitted this to the rear of my daily drive and all good.

S2000 calipers 13CLP15S
    Civic FD 2006 caliper mounts.
    DBA2502 rotors 260mm diameter, 48mm high, 61mm centre hole, 4x100pcd, solid.
    Im waiting more aggressive rear pad EBC yellow stuff.
    The hand brake cable has the wrong end. I used a 5mm bolt to replace the pin, it works well so now I will machine a couple of SS pin up.

All this bolts up without any modification. Hydraulic lines bolt up no problems.

Front
    On the bench I have mounted 2004 GD Jazz rotor & caliper which bolt up to the Beat hub without modification. (only the edge of the dust shield needs flattening)
    DBA2504 rotor 240mm diameter, 39mm high, 61mm centre hole,4x100pcd, vented
    Caliper 15CL13VN

Im looking for a set of JDM Honda Fit front brakes (231mm rotor) but will try the Jazz 240mm soon
    Do you have any pictures of the rear brakes?

Just a few other question
    S2000 rear calipers?
    Civic fd1 rear caliper mount?

Cheers
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Beat
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912 View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the rear brakes?

Just a few other question
    S2000 rear calipers?
    Civic fd1 rear caliper mount?

Cheers

See the photos here as well

http://hondabeat.com.au/Brakes/

I installed the yellow stuff rear pads and Jazz 240mm front brakes the other day, all working well.

The mounts are from the rear of a 2006 FD civic, others may be the same but I haven't found any. The bolt spacing is 98mm to the car, 110mm to the caliper and 57mm between these.

The calipers are from an S2000, I believe all year models have the same caliper 13CLP15S. Everything bolts up no modification, the only difference is the hand brake cable end is different so replace the 6mm pin with a 5mm stainless steel one.

The pads I used are EBC YellowStuff DP41193R

The rotors are DBA2502 260mm diameter, 48mm high, 61mm centre hole, 4x100pcd, solid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from above.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	30120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all fitted.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	30121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	through wheel.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	30127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotor.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	30128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotor mount pad.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	30129  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotor mount pad caliper side.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	30130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount rotor side.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	30131  
    Last edited by Beat; 07-07-2017 at 03:21 PM.