most budget d16y1 turbo build questions

hihihi, I own an eg5 civic. unknown kms on the engine. I want to know, what is nessasary to run minor boost through my engine. I'm not searching for much hp. I don't expect miracles, 6psi would be plenty.
    Will the stock ecu and internals handle this?
    If so, what would I need to replace and what do I replace it with.

Back story.
    Bought this civic to save money on fuel. Really enjoy driving it, but I can't bring myself to spend a couple thousand on the conversion. Just want the little bit of extra power, she's pretty slow.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ill save u the trouble now lad...

1. Stock ecu will not work with boost, since its OBd1 ecu, CHIP it with Hondata, Neptune or chrome, depending on ur tuner recommendation, plenty of options to choose...

2. Yes - internals good for upto 140kw

3. If u want more than 140kw, Vitara Rebuild with Neptune or Hondata with correct sized turbo an setup can see u upto 200 - 240kw@wheels

IMO If u know were too look a B16 swap is working out cheaper than turbo charging the little d16, But there is not substitution for boost
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by asylum View Post
    but I can't bring myself to spend a couple thousand on the conversion.
    trying to save money by cutting corners never ends well.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 3rd gen prelude
    A chipped ecu and a decent tune is probably going to take you over $1k just on their own and without them the car either won't run or won't last long. Budget for a decent build, it's just not worth it doing it ultra cheap.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    If you want the car to save you money on fuel, don't stick a turbo charger on it lolol
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    bought a daily, build it to racecar spec
    now i need a new daily

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I'm just hear for the huehuehues
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut