How much would you pay for a DC5R in 2015?

I've been looking around for a DC5R in championship white, found one on carsales that matches what I want.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...?Cr=58&sdmvc=1

Some advice for a noobie? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    after owning my dc5 for about just over a year.

Check tail light gaskets - Rust in boot? I found this common.
    Check timing chain
    Stronk reccomend not to buy a "stanced" one.
    Wen i was inspecting i noticed most headlights were faded.
    Check valve cover gasket
    Tappets
    Gearbox condition - 2nd and 3rd are notrious.

Also I would steer clear of buddyclub coilovers on the dc5.

Have you seen smifys one for sale? Its on the cars for sale section. Red JDM DC5R, looks pretty minty on the fotos he posted.

If I were in the market again, I'd definately check his to see if her is a virgin.

Be careful the HID lights in non-projector housing without the self levelling tech are illegal in Australia. That douche if he installed them on his headlights is blinding every passing car. FIY in NZ you don't need the self levelling tech but really its a necessity (for the wellbeing of people who are driving with/past you) whenever you're going up/down hill.

Thanks heaps! I'll keep it all in mind if I decide to go and inspect it

HID Headlights in the AUDM OEM Housing are absolute rubbish, i have the JDM OEM Housing HID, so factory HID headlights and what Amant stated is true but also i haven't suffered any 'burns' into the headlights and i also don't blind oncoming traffic as others do, it's the not the fact that there not self-leveling and i really can't be Fkd explaining the rules behind it by it's mainly to do with the reflector housing, not self-leveling as Niko stated
    2nd gear is a common 'crunch' gear, it's noticeable in most DC5R's, 3rd gear in Type S.. don't know why though
    I haven't suffered tail light gasket failures like others have but it's predominately in the Type S and once again i don't know why, i've had my Type R for 5 years now and haven't had this setback.
    Check condition of recaros
    Service history if possible if not, ask for details of who services it and give the mechanic a call etc.
    Steering wheel condition..

That's about all i can think of at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdc5wa View Post
    I have a white dc5 for sale at 15k
    Sorry bud, ended up saving an extra 5k so i'm sniping down a s2k

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexdc5wa View Post
    I have a white dc5 for sale at 15k
    Ooft met pm me
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by preworkoutdrive View Post
    I've been looking around for a DC5R in championship white, found one on carsales that matches what I want.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...?Cr=58&sdmvc=1

Some advice for a noobie? Thanks
    I'd pay no more than $12,000....

I have seen decent ones for as low as $9,500-10,500... (150,000+kms though)

That is a late model year, sure, but I don't think it's worth it 20 grand - that's crazy. There have been JDM versions for sale for less than that!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Ooft met pm me
    Pm was NOT sent
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut