VTEC not kicking

Hey all, I am very confused as to why my vtec doesn't kick like it should. I only can hear the secondaries at 6000 rpm but there is nothing before that. I have flushed the oil and am currently using 15-40 Penrite oil. The oil levels are where they should be so there isn't a problem there. This led me to believe that it was the solenoid gaskets as the vtec solenoid gasket was leaking so I replaced them. Still no go. The car also has a VAFC1 vtec controller from the previous owner so I reset that to factory settings just in case it may have had something to do with it, still nothing. I tried unplugging it but then my car ran terribly and got a check engine light. ANY help is much appreciated, I'm stumped. Thanks for your time!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    remove the VAFC

Would you be able to explain how I rewire it so it runs fine? I am unsure which wires need to be re wired to the harness. Any pics or diagrams?

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    SSpamily

hehe

Thanks for the help man I appreciate it. So after I remove the VAFC and re wire everything to factory, if vtec still isn't engaging as it should where should I move on to next?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    If removing the VACF and VTEC still does not engage then you should start with the test lamp test to find out if your issue is mechanical or electrical.