Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R

Unhappy About to travel with my DC5r

Hi guys, I'm still deciding whether should I transport my DC5r using a car transport truck service OR just travel it from QLD to NSW.
    Is it possible for my car to travel 10 Hours and 900+KMs straight??? Or will that be too much of a hassle for my poor teggy? My DC5r hasn't gone past 100,000 kms yet btw. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by DCtyra02 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm still deciding whether should I transport my DC5r using a car transport truck service OR just travel it from QLD to NSW.
    Is it possible for my car to travel 10 Hours and 900+KMs straight??? Or will that be too much of a hassle for my poor teggy? My DC5r hasn't gone past 100,000 kms yet btw. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    do it man, no problems with doing that

i can give you 2 examples

1. PM Vvvtec, he drove a kswap eg from VIC to QLD no problems at all

2. i drove my 74 datsun 610 from rural WA to rural QLD for when my sister married my brother, was fukin brutal and had to eat wiggity grubs (lucky im abo) but was good
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    do it man, no problems with doing that

i can give you 2 examples

1. PM Vvvtec, he drove a kswap eg from VIC to QLD no problems at all

2. i drove my 74 datsun 610 from rural WA to rural QLD for when my sister married my brother, was fukin brutal and had to eat wiggity grubs (lucky im abo) but was good
    God damn, that's a long ass trek for your datsun.

The transportation service that I called quoted me $400+ from QLD to NSW for 3 business days, that's not inside a truck yet, only outside, exposed.

I guess doing the trek should be fun and should save me moolah.

I'm just worried about stone chips on the way down, thinking of getting either that 3M stone protector thing or the black carbon-ish car bra before heading out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Shouldn't take too long to drive down from qld to nsw, pretty sure you can take someone with you to just keep driving so don't have to have a hotel

Use race tape, can get on ebay, will protect your paint
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    I'm thinking of getting a 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film installed on my car. Do you know any guys who has done this? What do you think of the product?

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Relax m8. It's a honda, will make it piece of pie. Not Bugatti mun, just use masking tape
    I don't even know anymore.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    2 days ago I went from Adelaide to Melbourne. 8hours 40mins or so incl peak hour. I did make a few stops - ciggie breaks and to top up on fuel.

No issues on my ep3

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    careful. these guys don't know what they're on about.

long distance might overheat the actuator.

might have problems engaging vtec afterwards.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by DCtyra02 View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film installed on my car. Do you know any guys who has done this? What do you think of the product?
    Yh someone did it a while ago, used race tape on evo 8 driving from nsw and qld and back, was fine
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedVtec View Post
    Relax m8. It's a honda, will make it piece of pie. Not Bugatti mun, just use masking tape
    Honda better
    Quote Originally Posted by arai89 View Post
    2 days ago I went from Adelaide to Melbourne. 8hours 40mins or so incl peak hour. I did make a few stops - ciggie breaks and to top up on fuel.

No issues on my ep3
    Smoke in car and fill up using Jerry can out of window while moving np
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    careful. these guys don't know what they're on about.

long distance might overheat the actuator.

might have problems engaging vtec afterwards.
    Instead of BoooooooooBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA will be BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbooooooooo

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    No, will be BOOOOOOOOOOO booooooo
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Only boo because Honda shit

If s chassis is ok because like oooooooOOOOOOOOshietshietshietshiet

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedVtec View Post
    x2

stress less met

i'd be worried about hitting wild life more than anything. As for stone chips, just keep your distance from the mets in front of you

400 bucks for truck is goot, tbh i'd just do that unless you want to have road trip for your own enjoyment.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe