Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008

Civic FD1 Intake Systems in Australia?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so do redirect me if this is wrong please.

Anyways, I was just wondering where I can source a K&N 69-1013TS for the Civic FD1 (2008) in Australia for a decent price? All I can see are ones that go for like $550+, of which is more than what I've heard people say they were ($300-$500).

Do let me know where I can find one of these as I am keen to have one installed some time soon.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hey daniel just stick to the drop.in KN filter, it works fine, hard to see the value in the more xpensive kn kits.

Other option for more power is turbo lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Haha, my initial plan was to have some fun with this FD and gaining some experience, before moving onto the bigger stuff. Was planning on doing catback for this thing as well just for the fun of it lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Yeah they run a pretty skin exhaust, from memory its only 1 3/4 inches, i ran a tanabe axle back gave a nice sound, could even get it to crackle and pop occasionally

Have you got the auto or manual ??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    The auto transmission sadly...

But in saying so, I'll probs switch cars in a year to two years time to something manual that I can do up properly. As for now, FD1 all da way. Hahahaha

Btw, where can I source a FD2R replica front bar, would you know? My current ones a bit beat up. (Sorry for offtopic)

Also, how much was the tanabe, roughly?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    600 for tanabe, shift performance at lansvale have bumpers n splitter, not sure about mugen RR, pm Japrak he seems to know more than most lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Alright, cheers. Will check out.

And will do!

I have a place in Melbourne who said they'd do a catback with Xforce muffler for like 400. I think it's a weld job. Worth it?

I personally think drop in panel filters are a waste of money. Dont really want to pay $80 - $100 for a filter and have same performance and same sound.

8th Gen Civics mods are hard to find. Best you can do while you wait is to either Remove your Resonator to give your Civic a bit of a grunt and Induction noise.
    Or if you're good with tools you can make your own. I did the same a few years ago. Being an auto you will most likely get REALLY Bad throttle lag if you change intakes.

These cars arent really built to be modified especially the R18. Main mods these days are Visual and Suspension. There are "Performance" mods but not much you can do.
    Unless you do K-Swap like Stevil then yes. FDs looks awesome. Its really sad that Honda only gave us a K20z2 and an R18. Waste of a really good chassis.

Be like me... #StenchLyf

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Yeah, I agree about the filters.

How do you remove the resonator? I've always wondered, but being slightly new to the car modding scene, these things are something I'm not too sure of doing. (I do see you are in Melbourne though haha.

Mmmm, any downside effects don't sound too appealing. I was hoping an intake would give me the sensation of feeling like the car would be a bit more responsive as well as be a bit better in terms of fuel economy.

As for visuals, I've done some things to it, but I didn't wanna be all ricer by being all aesthetics and no performance improvements. The car itself looks fine, but I'm in no position to do a full K-swap as that would cost, and it would be too much of a hassle seeing that it's lacking the bay for the K-series engines, and is an auto...

In saying so, I am still keen on doing something to it just for a bit of fun, as mentioned; whether it be the intake/catback or the resonator mod.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Also, I checked out some vids on YouTube the other day for intake changes on FD1's (auto), and they seem to be running just fine, and sound that little bit tougher?

EDIT: Also, I read up that the throttle lag could be due to some air leakage somewhere, or that it could be due to the ecu adjusting to the new air fuel ratio?
    Last edited by Daniel.29; 19-05-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.29 View Post
    Also, I checked out some vids on YouTube the other day for intake changes on FD1's (auto), and they seem to be running just fine, and sound that little bit tougher?

EDIT: Also, I read up that the throttle lag could be due to some air leakage somewhere, or that it could be due to the ecu adjusting to the new air fuel ratio?
    For an auto you should probably leave the intake alone. If you want a sporty sounding car just change the exhaust from the cat back. It'll give you a sportier not and won't affect the performance and fuel consumption much.

Changing the intake won't have much benefit at all unless you're going to change the header, exhaust and cat converter, and then you'll need a tune to make the most of your mods....on an auto that would be a severe waste of money.

Take it to any good exhaust shop (if you are in Sydney try Best mufflers, www.bestmufflers.com) they'll look after you. Ask for Chris, he knows what he's doing and will give you solid advice without ruining your car.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. Others will have a different view and preferences.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    For an auto you should probably leave the intake alone. If you want a sporty sounding car just change the exhaust from the cat back. It'll give you a sportier not and won't affect the performance and fuel consumption much.

Changing the intake won't have much benefit at all unless you're going to change the header, exhaust and cat converter, and then you'll need a tune to make the most of your mods....on an auto that would be a severe waste of money.

Take it to any good exhaust shop (if you are in Sydney try Best mufflers, www.bestmufflers.com) they'll look after you. Ask for Chris, he knows what he's doing and will give you solid advice without ruining your car.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. Others will have a different view and preferences.
    Ahh, it just sucks how it had to be an auto and running the R18... I was really keen on getting something done to it, other than just appearances, but I guess my choices are rather limited now. Realistically speaking, is there anything that can be done to an a/t FD1 to improve its performance in any way (maybe not to make crazy power, but more so, comfort and economical?) [Yeah, i kinda noticed I just strayed off topic, but I hope that's alright..]

In terms of changing intake, headers, and having a catback installed, how much would that set one back? I hear tunes can be expensive, but I'm not too sure about headers, as I have yet to see much of them around for the FD1 (or maybe I'm not searching hard enough).

On a side note, let's say the Civic should be left as is, I plan on trading it in sometime in the following two years for something manual, rwd, and modern; any recommendations in what to look for? Price range of maybe, 10-20k?