Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: h22 or b18?

h22 or b18?

Firstly, I am not sure if this is the right section to post but here goes.

So I have a written off bb6 prelude sitting in my front yard and looks like I probably wont be getting a payout for this. So my question what would be better for me to do, invest in getting together parts from a dc2r or use all the parts sitting in my driveway and put them into my EF civic.

I am defiantly going to engine swap into this civic, however, considering my situation what would be the best avenue to go down?

Thank you

B series would be lighter. But then you gotta spend money.. Any engine swap won't be easy though, so decide what your goals are first.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Idea - Part out the BB6 for wut you can get.

With Money from Part out + dolans from your own pocket, buy k24 and kswap the bitch.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by unknxn View Post
    Firstly, I am not sure if this is the right section to post but here goes.

So I have a written off bb6 prelude sitting in my front yard and looks like I probably wont be getting a payout for this. So my question what would be better for me to do, invest in getting together parts from a dc2r or use all the parts sitting in my driveway and put them into my EF civic.

I am defiantly going to engine swap into this civic, however, considering my situation what would be the best avenue to go down?

Thank you
    Depends on what you want... If you want the cheapest option, research how much it would cost to do the engine swap for your existing engine vs new engine.
    If you want the most power out of it I would agree with amant02 and drop a K-series in it and it will fly.... you'll need to upgrade everything though, brakes, clutch exhaust etc and it won't be cheap. From what others have said when swapping in a K-series, you'll need to have at least $10K.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    H series are generally heavier engines but do have great torque and power for what you pay for them (prices vary depending which version of the H22 you get, JDM or AUDM, the engine kms etc).

For reliability purposes I'd say go with a B or K series. The support for those engines is a lot better then H series engines. In saying that I'd still consider a H series as it would be something a little different from the B and K series engine swaps, especially if you go with the H22 in an EF chassis (well these days any swap involving B,K or H series in an EF would be unique to be honest).

If you do end up going through with the build, as Blaze said, you got to have some deep pockets for all the custom parts you'll need to get it running.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    you wont get much for the prelude if you part out, theres not much of a market out there anymore lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    you wont get much for the prelude if you part out, theres not much of a market out there anymore lol
    I agree 110% with this. Sadly the market for Prelude's may as well be non-existent.
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Yeah defiantly wont be doing a K-swap unless you boys all want to chuck in for it?
    The weight on the H22 isn't much more than a B18; for anyone who stumbles across this and wanting to know the differences here it is:
    H = 55KG short block
    B = 47KG short block
    D = 45KG short block + oil pan

But yeah was taking that into account too the market really is non-existant.. sadly too beautiful car to drive.
    I defiantly want this for handles over anything else, defiantly not straight line speed.

So again, pack up and send it to a wreckers and invest in a front cut or use the existing car that is sitting there perfectly fine to even drive.

I know the H-swap would be a lot more custom work and will not be as straight forward as a b18 swap so I am really torn since I have it already here.

Thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    do h swap then

you wont regret
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTi
    H2b my friend. As simple as a b swap. But the H2b kit is 1k to get it shipped over to Australia from the USA.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    +1 for H2B. The best of both. Have the power and torque of the H22 and the excellent short ratios of a B series gearbox.

I would love to do h2b but it is way to expensive, ill have 8k to spend on the swap all up.
    But this includes labour ($500), suspension ($unsure), on road costs ($1.3k), tranny (1-1.5), adapter plate ($1.5)

Wait this could actually work, but my mate who is keen to help me with the swap doesn't want to touch the h series.

I will update you guys when I know