» Is my new civic sedan 2015 having problem

Hi,
    I just bough my new honda civic sedan 2015 two week ago, but i think it had problems since first day.

Problem:
    1. When i reverse my car, there is some noise 'bo bo bo...' from underneath the car, especially when braking, i can heard it clearly from the back seat. Is it the subframe or brake problem?
    2. Is the exhaust suppose to have a nice smooth sound, because i can heard the exhaust sound even when i closed all windows, so it make the cabin so noisy. I pretty sure there is wired sound, because even my 1997 honda civic is not like that.
    3. Althoug it is lower 20 degree ouside or at night, but it still have warm air coming from the fan even i had turn to maximum cold.(not air conditioning and without turn on the fan) and i think the engine is little bit too hot compare to my old civic...
    4. the rubber (around the door) came off, but the dealer said they will fix it
    5.the fuel comsumption, even i put my econ mode on, i still use 10l/100km, i travel between suburbs, without hard acceleration. And as i run in my car, my speed is less than 55km/h average. The 9l/100km, not even possible. I got 12l/100km without econ mode...>< So is my situation unnormal?

Does anyone have experience these situation before, i pay more than 22000, i hope it is not a lemon car, because i am planning to use it more than 10 years and this is my family car .
    Last edited by tholoqi; 22-05-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eren EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by tholoqi View Post
    Hi,
    I just bough my new honda civic sedan 2015 two week ago, but i think it had problems since first day.

Problem:
    1. When i reverse my car, there is some noise 'bo bo bo...' from rear sit. i had done many reseach on this, is it the subframe or brake problem?
    2. is the exhaust suppose to have a nice smooth sound, because i can heard the exhaust sound even when i closed all windows, so it make the cabin so noisy. When i put my ear close to it, i pretty sure there is wired sound, because i had own a 1997 honda civic.
    3. Althoug it is 20 degree ouside, but it still have warm air coming from the fan when i turn to maximum cold.(not air conditioning and without turn on the fan) and i think the engineer is little bit too hot compare to my old civic...
    4. the rubber (around the door) comes off, but the dealer said they will fix it
    5.the fuel comsumption, even i put my econ mode on, i still use 10l/100km, i travel between suburbs, without hard acceleration. And as i run in my car, my speed is less than 55km/h. The 9l/100km, not even possible, they must be no acceleration most of the time and without any red light and no hills. So is my situation unnormal?

Does anyone have experience these situation before, i pay more than 22000, i hope it is not a lemon car, because i am planning to use it more than 10 years and this is my family car .
    The thing i like for this car, is large space at back seat, as i am around 183cm, mazda will make me feel unfortable, and i like the touch screen and interior design haha, although i nearly bought the mazda, because the mazda 3 exterior is just too awsome.
    hello, am i explain at you

1. - i am say this is good, is mean bo bo bo (bo in vietnam mean beef), mean you not got chicken
    2. - i am think maybe put eye on exhaust (when cold), can make see inside see if wire inside
    3. - maybe call engineer and say "excuse, tell pls, why cold is like this one hot one"
    4. - rubber is off on it not on off it
    5. - am think econ hard one, think if econ soft one more suburb travel

pls hope this one is good, lemon not spicy but got juice

Hi,

Problem:
    1. When i reverse my car, there is some noise 'bo bo bo...' from underneath the car, especially when braking, i can heard it clearly from the back seat. Is it the subframe or brake problem?
    2. Is the exhaust suppose to have a nice smooth sound, because i can heard the exhaust sound even when i closed all windows, so it make the cabin so noisy. I pretty sure there is wired sound, because even my 1997 honda civic is not like that.
    3. Althoug it is lower 20 degree ouside or at night, but it still have warm air coming from the fan even i had turn to maximum cold.(not air conditioning and without turn on the fan) and i think the engine is little bit too hot compare to my old civic...
    4. the rubber (around the door) came off, but the dealer said they will fix it
    5.the fuel comsumption, even i put my econ mode on, i still use 10l/100km, i travel between suburbs, without hard acceleration. And as i run in my car, my speed is less than 55km/h average. The 9l/100km, not even possible. I got 12l/100km without econ mode...>< So is my situation unnormal?

1: most civics rear suspension groans in the morning when backing out as it has been in a rest position over night, unless this bo boo boo sound is the reverse sensors which is a good thing
    2: which engine to you have 1.8(R18) or 2.0(R20), the R18 is some what quite in my civic hatch(1.8), I do not know how loud it should be at idle in the sedan, but when your pushing the R18, the roar of the engine is not quite, nor is it type R loud.
    3: A/C is what cools the air, running just the fan will either take cool air from the outside or air from the inside, if you want to have cold air, use the A/C
    4: Like you said, the dealer is going to fix it, yes it is an annoyance but hey at least it is a small thing, not like a flat tire where the dealership can say "too bad, so sad"
    5: what engine do you have(and transmission if it is not auto only)?
    the R18 should get about 7.0 combined or even better since i am taking my fuel economy figures and my civic does not have econ mode
    the type of fuel you run can make a difference too I normally get around 6.9 combined when i use 95, I have been using E10 since short on money and my economy is 7.9
    Your car is brand new, it has not been broken in yet, so fuel and oil consumption is going to be higher than normal after a while it will get to what it should be
    In winter it takes longer for your engine to get to proper operating temp which mean it will be running more rich until it gets there, when it gets to running temp the fuel economy will level out
    Lastly, all manufacturers do fuel economy tests on a kind of treadmill in a hanger where there is no air resistance, added weight from people, hills or constant stop starts from city and is based on a computer controlling the throttle, since every person is not the same in the way they drive the figures are not going to be the same
    Last edited by Grayfox; 22-05-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Just want to clarify, the sound from the back, I think is the exhaust, because I still can heard it even through I turn off the car. Sometimes it was very loud...it don't expect a new car have problem...
    And the air coming is like hot air... that's why it seem not right for me.
    Last edited by tholoqi; 22-05-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Just want to clarify, the sound from the back, I think is the exhaust, because I still can heard it even through I turn off the car. Sometimes it was very loud...it don't expect a new car have problem...
    And the air coming is like hot air... that's why it seem not right for me.
    Possible that the heater core valve is stuck open

Describe the sound or record it

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    have you tried turning it off and on again
    part time potato