Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Newcomer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Car:
    '10 CU2 Lux Nav

    Aftermarket Headunit in CU2 Lux Navi?

    So, I'm starting to slightly regret buying a Lux Navi.

    Whilst I've always said "No spec like top spec", I feel that I may have shot myself in the foot. My '10 CU2 Lux Navi is a great car, but no bluetooth and abysmal sound quality are starting to get to me...

    I got a Parrot unit installed, which is good, but sorta ruins the "factory" look of the interior (having an extra little screen on the A-pillar), and an extra remote mounted near the climate control... When running in bluetooth mode, the GPS can't override music, so GPS shuts up (which is a nitpick, but annoying).

    Bigger problem: The sound quality is awful overall. I've read the thread that blames a lot of the issues on Honda's stock equalization and to get something like a Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY, as apparently the speakers themselves aren't that bad...

    This would all be solved by a new headunit. But because of the Nav system, I'd need something that can still control it with HVAC controls (I believe they're called), or some hacked-together solution... I figured I'd post to see if anyone has any ideas. At the very least, I'd like to improve sound quality.

    Hopefully I've sorta explained what I want to accomplish. I'd LOVE a headunit AND the nav system working together... Too ambitious? Anyone got any ideas? Anyone wanna trade cars? haha.

  2. #2
    Check this option out from Alpine. If I'd bought a CU2 (which knowing what I know now about the headunit options in the CL9, I probably would have bought a CU2) I'd be going with this option for sure. Integrates with the HVAC controls and everything. Plus has all the features you'd ever need (Bluetooth, Nav etc).

    http://www.alpine.com.au/showItem.php?item_id=379

  3. #3
    Newcomer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Car:
    '10 CU2 Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
    Check this option out from Alpine. If I'd bought a CU2 (which knowing what I know now about the headunit options in the CL9, I probably would have bought a CU2) I'd be going with this option for sure. Integrates with the HVAC controls and everything. Plus has all the features you'd ever need (Bluetooth, Nav etc).

    http://www.alpine.com.au/showItem.php?item_id=379
    See, if I had a non-Navi, I'd definitely consider this.

    But with a Navi, I'd end up with a useless top screen, the nav/control display would be doing nothing. I'd also actually lose the Climate Control display (maybe this unit can display that?)

    Doesn't look like a good solution...

  4. #4
    Ah, yeah I was wondering about that. Might be worth asking Alpine though, coz I know in their kit for the VE Commodore it plugs into the CANBUS and changed a previously useless screen to show different stuff...so they might have something figured out? They also may not, but it's worth asking the question.
    Last edited by graphicgoose; 27-05-2015 at 08:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Newcomer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Car:
    '10 CU2 Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
    Ah, yeah I was wondering about that. Might be worth asking Alpine though, coz I know in their kit for the VE Commodore it plugs into the CANBUS and changed a previously useless screen to show different stuff...so they might have something figured out? They also may not, but it's worth asking the question.
    Yeah I've see the VE Commodore one, I love that idea! I've asked around at some "car audio" places and no one seems to have a good answer.

    Ideally, probably down the bottom where the CD player is (on the Lux Navi), have a small screen that displays climate/radio info, and has a simple joystick control (whether physical, or just on the screen) to operate the Nav unit.

    I'm considering investigating DIY'ing all this, but I really don't wanna DIY my new car. lol

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsolo View Post
    Yeah I've see the VE Commodore one, I love that idea! I've asked around at some "car audio" places and no one seems to have a good answer.

    Ideally, probably down the bottom where the CD player is (on the Lux Navi), have a small screen that displays climate/radio info, and has a simple joystick control (whether physical, or just on the screen) to operate the Nav unit.

    I'm considering investigating DIY'ing all this, but I really don't wanna DIY my new car. lol
    Yeah, the ones in the VE are great. Alpine told me they could design one for my CL9...but it'd cost more than the car's worth lol.

    If you've already got working navi then why not just put a single din stereo in down the bottom for tunes? Probably what I'd be doing in your situation.

  7. #7
    Newcomer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Rather than start a new thread thought it may be better to revive this one. Has anyone with the lux nav model gone down the aftermarket head unit route? Looking at one atm and just wondering what happens with the nav screen and the lcd strip that's used to display the climate control on the stock head unit itself, as well as the cd player under the climate controls.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3


Terms and Conditions
Ozhonda.com is in no way affiliated with the Honda motor company or Honda Australia in anyway whatsoever.