Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front seat comfortability

Hi All,

So I've had my 5th gen for a little while now and while I love the way it drives it still feels quite cramped "vertically". I have to tilt the back of the seat really far so that I can fit my head in without it grazing the roof. Having it tilted back this far really isn't the most comfortable (personally) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that might help.

Really I think I need to get seats that are a bit closer to the floor just for that extra bit of clearance. Realistically I'm only talking about maybe 2cm in height extra that I'd need. I do currently have the leather seats and I was wondering if the cloth seats are any lower to the floor or would in any way help give me that extra clearance. Aftermarket would be an option I suppose, but most seem to be those bucket seats with massive side bolsters that might make it more uncomfortable for me.

Anywho, let me know if you have any ideas (that don't involve me having my torso surgically re-sized :P)

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    cloth seats are basically the same height, one way you could go is to put in s2k seats as they actually lower the seating position in the car

i didnt quite have that problem as my head was pretty clear from the roof, but was a bit tall on the lowest position.

ive seen that s2k seats make it slightly lower, and are easy(ish) to put in

just gotta find the right ones at the right price, then swap the base lol

easy met
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    have you tried shrinking?

part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    stick your seats in an oven for half hour, will make them bit bigger for a while (science)
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    How tall are you?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    I'm roughly 6ft myself and I have to lean the seat back a fair bit.

Personally I don't mind it. S2000 seats could be the best option if you need to go a little lower.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've finally found a seat position that works alright for me Now I dare not move the seat in any way, lest i lose the perfect position.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by krazynayba View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've finally found a seat position that works alright for me Now I dare not move the seat in any way, lest i lose the perfect position.
    I used to make all the passengers go through the passenger side to get into the back (still do in my current car, because the fucking seats dont go back to normal position) so I never lost my position lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Quote Originally Posted by krazynayba View Post
    Nice man. Did you lean it back more?
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I used to make all the passengers go through the passenger side to get into the back (still do in my current car, because the fucking seats dont go back to normal position) so I never lost my position lol
    Don't you hate it when people sit in your car, in your driver's seat
    And ****ing touch everything like a wet sponge
    And ruin all the 'settings'
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Nah it doesn't really bother me.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    No one else drives the car except the missus, but even then really I don't mind