Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05

[CL9] '05 How do I install universal type Daytime Running Lights?

Hi all, I'm a real newbie here (just bought a Euro '05) recently. Apologies if I posted in the wrong forum

I've just bought some cheap as DRL's from ebay

and I'm clueless about wiring and etc. I can't seem to find any tutorials/how-to install these universal type (red & black wiring) lights without the control box. My brother suggested tapping into the parker lights. Can anyone share some knowledge with me or link me a tutorial for complete noobs?

Thanks

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You'll probably want to run the lights from your battery with its own dedicated fuse, but use a relay which runs off the fusebox for when you car is started (you can tap it off the same line as used for the cigarette lighter).

If you run it off the parkers, that means your rear lights will be on as well when you drive in the daytime.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    Does that mean using those fuse splitters? And is the cigarette fuse in the engine fusebox?

Thanks for the reply btw ��

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    If you run it off the parkers, that means your rear lights will be on as well when you drive in the daytime.[/QUOTE]

Would it not be better to have the rear lights on as well?
    That is the idea of headlights on during daytime when on country roads.....
    Also with most modern cars dash lighting up when the car is running, it prevents people thinking that they have their headlights on when they do not, and the vehicle can be seen during low light conditions as the original idea was.....
    Unfortunately, Oz regs are a bit half assed...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    I had mine done buy a stereo car installer so they run on in the day time but go of when the lights are switched on. Oh it is illegal to run headlights & day time running lights at once. Get a qualified installer to fit them. Best $150.00 I ever spent cause I feel safe knowing other cars can see me if they are over tacking a vehicle a ways down the road.

[CL9] '05 How do I install universal type Daytime Running Lights?

I connected mines with fuel Injectors fuse. When ignition on DRL on. When ignition off DRL off. You can also connect them with fuel pump fuse. Both fuses can be found in engine bay.
    I have also installed a switch to wire it up. (I bought this switch from eBay. Very cheap, about $5-6. just search DRL switch) This switch has five wires. Two wires for DRL (output) and on other side one for negative, second for battery or power source (fuel pump or injectors fuse etc) third wire for headlight. So when you turn your headlights on it reduces DRL's brightness.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulwinder View Post
    I connected mines with fuel Injectors fuse. When ignition on DRL on. When ignition off DRL off. You can also connect them with fuel pump fuse. Both fuses can be found in engine bay.
    I have also installed a switch to wire it up. (I bought this switch from eBay. Very cheap, about $5-6. just search DRL switch) This switch has five wires. Two wires for DRL (output) and on other side one for negative, second for battery or power source (fuel pump or injectors fuse etc) third wire for headlight. So when you turn your headlights on it reduces DRL's brightness.
    Looks like these are the exact same ones.

When you say you connect them with the fuel injector/pump fuses, how does it actually connect? (I'm a real noob with these kinds of things). Also, how does the third wire connect to the headlight?

Thanks for the reply

Find where the fuse of fuel pump or fuel injectors in engine bay. And push red wire (described as +12v battery or something of the switch) under the fuse like this picture

Or buy fuse connector from auto electronic shop or from eBay. Like this picture.

Connect black wire to chassis.

Connect white wire to the headlight (find positive wire going to headlight, easy to find behind the glob) I unplugged the connector behind glob, pushed white wire in to the connector where positive wire is and pushed back connector to glob again. If you have H4 the find low bean wire and connect it with it. Normally they like this picture.

And connect two other wires to LEDs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    Amazing write up man! Thanks for taking the time to reply

Now I just gotta wait for the stuff to get shipped

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    Finally got around to fitting them on!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZPtrDfV1.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	28750

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Besides my Accord Euro, I also have a SAAB which is factory wired up to run the DRL's off the parking lights, whenever the ignition is switched on. (Swedish regs require it.) Having the the fronts on are effective, but the rears...not really. If anything, people following you think you are driving around with your foot on the brake pedal.