Insurance Company choice for EP3

Hi All,

I have just bought a 2002 EP3 Honda Civic Type R

The painful reality just hit me when i tried to insure it, I have been with AAMI for about 10 years
    and they flat out refuse to insure it due to it being imported, so who to use?

Just Car ? (read some really bad reviews of people frying to claim)
    Shannons ?
    Anyone else?

If the insurance is way too high I will only keep it for a year then sell and get something else, I currently pay $650 for my DC2R
    and there's no way I want to keep paying if it's over $1000

Cheers

Chris
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

I used AAMI for my ep3. Cheapest overall too (with maxing out the excess).

AAMI refused to insure it, so they must have changed their policy, unless yours is 2005? I am the second owner after it was imported, and unfortunately the people who owned it before me de-registered it after dropping it to the transport depot. It should arrive by truck tomorrow in Sydney, and now i have to drive it with no plates to get blue slip, and then to RTA. as a further scare, the RTA said they might do an extra spot inspection which also costs another $62, so hopefully won't have to go through that. Need to remove the fog lights as the lens is cracked and won't be able to get it replaced in time.

Is your EP 3 still insured with AAMI ?
    (\__/)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Call Shannons, or some other motor-enthusiast focused insurance company they're more import friendly.

and pretty sure you can pick your own repair shop too.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Try Just Car perhaps? You can reduce the premium by setting the excess high (assuming you are comfortable with that).

I have been looking around online and both Just Car and Shannons have customers complaining that claiming is a massive hassle, thats why I am annoyed that AAMI won't cover the car, which is odd as Benjamin has his EP3 with AAMI, can't understand this unless they changed their rules in the last couple of years, or maybe it's because mine is currently unregistered until tomorrow. Just Car won't insure it until it's either got an unregistered vehicle permit, or is registered. AAMI want over $850 just for the greenslip as it doesnt have comprehensive insurance, so its a big circle of cost right now so hope the car is actually worth it, I say this as I have never driven one! I sat in a few around Sydney but found this one online and got a pre-inspection company to go look it over. I couldn't find a DC5R cheap enough or with low klms (My DC2R has 145000)
    (\__/)

Been insured with RACV for 3 years now. about $950 under my dads name. I'm currently a p plater so i didnt list myself.. had an accident before and everything was handled well. even a brand new front bar shipped from japan!

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    I have a 02 EP3, pretty heavily modified, i'm 29 years old with good driving history: approx $1000 with $825 premium from justcar. Everywhere else I looked was >2.5K!