EP3R climate control issues

Hi All,

I have a strange issue with my EP3R,

A few days ago while driving, the climate control went nuts with the blower fan full on, and I can't turn it off from the controls.

I performed the diagnostic routine, and found an error DTM 12

In the various manuals, this says it's a blower fan circuit issue and to check fuse 14 in the under dash fusebox (which is in an absolute b4stard of a place to get at) or one of the ones under the bonnet. Trouble is the troubleshooting all seems to be based on no power to the fan, not my problem of full power.

The heater control still works from hot to cold, the vents can be selected OK, and the aircon comes on if set to auto. The fan dial wont have any effect from off/auto/low/full, the fan just blows at max speed.

I recently unplugged all the climate control unit plugs while troubleshooting a stereo issue, and was careful to click all the plugs back in place. I pulled the fascia off again yesterday quickly and felt behind and wobbled the plugs and tried pushing in more, but still have the issue.

Anyone have this before?

Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by tseesinngwailo; 01-07-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Hi All, I found the issue and fixed it. There is an NEC K2500 Mosfet transistor that was blown inside the blower fan controller. I was not able to find one at Pick and Payless, but the Nissan Almira/Maxima from around the same 2000's period uses the same one, removed this from the car, then at home disassembled it and removed the transistor (the heatsinks are different shape) and then soldered it all back together and put back in the car. Climate Control is now fully functioning again. The NEC transistor is hard to get hold of but I did grab the blower control module from a 2006 Accord Euro, waiting to pull this apart and see if the circuit board and transistor will work in the EP3. I will post a DIY on this whole thing as it's hard to find on the web anyway.
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.