Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

5th Gen - Options for HID lights

Hi All,

Just been doing some digging about around here and from what i hear the 5th gen ludes don't handle HIDs very well with the stock reflector housings. Does anyone know of anything that can be done to put HIDs in and still get a decent, even beam pattern? I.e. are there any aftermarket housings or ways to retrofit projectors? Also, if anyone has any pics of HIDs in theirs I'd love to check them out.

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    you are going to have a bad time
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    You will have to perform a retrofit with good projectors in order to achieve a desirable output

Cheap projectors will look like this

My suggestion is to just get some nice bulbs.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Nah they will point up to the sky like my old ones
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Don't use the standard housings. They're really bad and don't direct the lighting properly.

Believe me I had them in standard housings.

+1 for projectors
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalled View Post
    Don't use the standard housings. They're really bad and don't direct the lighting properly.

Believe me I had them in standard housings.

+1 for projectors
    I had them in my high beams on my 5th gen. I thought they were ok because it lit up the road fine. Until one day I was driving in a foggy road, saw my lights beamed directly up into the sky... Lol

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I had them in my high beams on my 5th gen. I thought they were ok because it lit up the road fine. Until one day I was driving in a foggy road, saw my lights beamed directly up into the sky... Lol
    shine bright like a diamond
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Das the spirit mayne
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Not a very accurate picture. The second one the car is like a metre from the wall and the other is at least 5 away? I do agree that el cheapo housings wouldn't be the best idea though.. Anyone have any suggestions for "good" projectors?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    regardless, the beam should have an even distribution. Good projectors will not look that badly, even when up close to a wall
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude BB6
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew I ryk dat

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    U wanna go m8