Honda Odyssey 3rd Gen

Hello everyone. I am new in this forum.
    I am going to buy a 7 seater Honda Odyssey Luxury 3rd Gen 2006. It has 170000kms and leather interior (I prefer leather interior).
    Dealer is selling it for 11000 one year rego, RWC and 3 months Warranty. This is what I can afford.
    I am wondering that at what age this car starts giving problems. Is This worth to spend money on it if it still has lot of life left. Or start looking less kilometres. Private sellers are selling cheaper, less kilometres, but can't have warranty.
    Plz give reviews about this car. I don't want to buy a crapy car, that have scary check engine, air bag or other lights keep coming on and I keep spending money on it. (Recently I bought Alfa Romeo with 120000kms on it. Thought I will never go wrong with this. But after I came to know that this is the age when this car starts breaking down and you have to change several things. And never go wrong another 100000kms.)
    So let's have discussion about this car.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulwinder View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new in this forum.
    I am going to buy a 7 seater Honda Odyssey Luxury 3rd Gen 2006. It has 170000kms and leather interior (I prefer leather interior).
    Dealer is selling it for 11000 one year rego, RWC and 3 months Warranty. This is what I can afford.
    I am wondering that at what age this car starts giving problems. Is This worth to spend money on it if it still has lot of life left. Or start looking less kilometres. Private sellers are selling cheaper, less kilometres, but can't have warranty.
    Plz give reviews about this car. I don't want to buy a crapy car, that have scary check engine, air bag or other lights keep coming on and I keep spending money on it. (Recently I bought Alfa Romeo with 120000kms on it. Thought I will never go wrong with this. But after I came to know that this is the age when this car starts breaking down and you have to change several things. And never go wrong another 100000kms.)
    So let's have discussion about this car.
    There's an airbag recall for 90% off Hondas since '03
    You'll get starter issues soon
    Coil packs will eventually go
    Spark plugs will need to be done
    Transmission fluid service

If it's not a Honda dealer warranty
    And it's a run of the mill dealer warranty they're worth NOTHING
    Find a good nick one get a RELIABLE mechanic to check it out
    And gipse for the best

OT Alfa Romeos or any European car are SHIT after 5 years / 100xxxkms
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

I went to have test drive. But it was their closing time so couldn't have test drive. Only seen in and out. Pretty clean. And quite engine on start up.
    Never driven an Odyssey. How it goes?
    Reliability?

Plz give more reviews.