Thread: 17 inch tires

17 inch tires

Hey all.
    So I'm going to be purchasing new wheels soon, most likely a set of 17 inches, I'm currently on 16's for my 2003 Accord Euro Luxury but I was told that going bigger may not be the best idea in terms of the handling. Is it fine to go for 17? What sort of changes should I expect if I did?

Cheers.

Who ever told you that is a spaz and a half lol.
    17 inch wheels are perfectly fine. Going stupidly big then yes. But thats talking about 19s and onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    Who ever told you that is a spaz and a half lol.
    17 inch wheels are perfectly fine. Going stupidly big then yes. But thats talking about 19s and onwards.
    They weren't referring to 17's, but yeah 19+ with 18 being a little iffy.
    Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by choppyshrimp View Post
    They weren't referring to 17's, but yeah 19+ with 18 being a little iffy.
    Cheers!
    18's fine.

most folks running CL9's have 18 inch rims. If anything it just makes the ride slightly harsher because of the thinner sidewalls.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

After 2004 All Luxury versions of Euro's went to a 225/45/17 as standard.

It rides well and looks nicer too! Stepping up the width from 205 on the 16's to 225 is a good thing too